This discussion is archived
9 Replies Latest reply: Jun 17, 2013 10:07 PM by itobinh RSS

Oracle Apex slowness on page submit and loading

917859 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi All, Oracle Apex slowness is big issue for me. Thanks in advance for your solution. Following are details of the problem. I am using Oracle 11g R2, in Red Hat Linux. Dual processor with 32 GB RAM,600 GB HDD. I upgraded default apex to Apex 4.1.1. I set the SHARED_SERVERS=10. But Apex builder as well as application is very slow. Some times it become faster again page submit and loading became slow. Lastly I upgraded to Apex 4.2 but still facing same slowness. Please help me in this regards.
  • 1. Re: Oracle Apex slowness on page submit and loading
    Kofi Journeyer
    Hi 914856 , again please change your username to something friendly.
    I'm assuming you're on a 64 bit oracle 11g r2.
    There could be any number of causes to your performance problems but I would do the following.
    -Get your DBAs to trace some page loads to see if it's a database issue and what objects if any are causing the problem.
    -Ensure that your logs are not too large. It's happened to me before, my access and error logs were over 200M and things started slowing down
    Kofi
  • 2. Re: Oracle Apex slowness on page submit and loading
    riedelme Expert
    914856 wrote:
    Hi All, Oracle Apex slowness is big issue for me. Thanks in advance for your solution. Following are details of the problem. I am using Oracle 11g R2, in Red Hat Linux. Dual processor with 32 GB RAM,600 GB HDD. I upgraded default apex to Apex 4.1.1. I set the SHARED_SERVERS=10. But Apex builder as well as application is very slow. Some times it become faster again page submit and loading became slow. Lastly I upgraded to Apex 4.2 but still facing same slowness. Please help me in this regards.
    I have a similar issue to yours though my environment is different. Apex on my laptop can take a considerable amount of time to render pages on A Windows 7 system running Oracle 11gR2, Apex 4.2 and the internal PL/SQL gateway. Pages can take up to a minute or two to render although at other times rather faster due to (I believe) a combination of the embedded PL/SQL gateway and corporate-mandated monitoring software.

Turning caching on helped a little for loading speed.

Which listener are you using?

Edited by: riedelme on Jan 28, 2013 9:23 AM
  • 3. Re: Oracle Apex slowness on page submit and loading
    maceyah Journeyer
    Anti-virus is a possible reason for poor Oracle perfromance on Windows. Make sure you exclude all your Oracle data files, archive logs etc from AV monitoring, else AV will scan them like crazy during normal database activity, resulting in awful DB response.
  • 4. Re: Oracle Apex slowness on page submit and loading
    riedelme Expert
    maceyah wrote:
    Anti-virus is a possible reason for poor Oracle perfromance on Windows. Make sure you exclude all your Oracle data files, archive logs etc from AV monitoring, else AV will scan them like crazy during normal database activity, resulting in awful DB response.
    Interesting idea - thanks

Checking the AV won't solve the overhead of our mandated security software though :(
  • 5. Re: Oracle Apex slowness on page submit and loading
    917859 Newbie
    Is there anybody faced same problem? What was the solution please?
  • 6. Re: Oracle Apex slowness on page submit and loading
    917859 Newbie
    Is 64 bit oracle 11g r2 shlow for PAEX? My DBA increased SGA and PGA table space but I am not getting better performance. Where I will get logs? What is the solution of logs if avaialbe?

Regards,
    Shahadat
  • 7. Re: Oracle Apex slowness on page submit and loading
    917859 Newbie
    Hi Riedelme,
    Thanks for your reply. I am also using Laptop for development, next I upload the application into production server. My laptop has 4 GB RAM, win 7 32 bit OS, Oracle 11g XE database, APEX lastly updated to 4.2, Oracle BI Publisher 10g. APEX page loading and submit also slow in development environment as well as production server. Anti virus is inactive in my Laptop.
    Following are information about apex for your information.

Product Build:     4.2.0.00.27
    Schema Compatibility:     2012.01.01
    Last DDL Time:     01/14/2013 04:04:32 PM
    Host Schema:     ANONYMOUS
    Application Owner:     APEX_040200
    Workspace ID:     4876332611023979
    Workspace Name:     BEH
    Current User:     BDEYE
    Language Preference:     en
    Current Time (on server):     02/04/2013 11:45:46 AM

CGI Environment
    APEX_LISTENER_VERSION     
    PLSQL_GATEWAY     WebDb
    GATEWAY_IVERSION     2
    SERVER_SOFTWARE     Oracle Embedded PL/SQL Gateway/11.2.0.2.0
    GATEWAY_INTERFACE     CGI/1.1
    SERVER_PORT     8080
    SERVER_NAME     XDB HTTP Server
    REQUEST_METHOD     GET
    QUERY_STRING     p=4350:9:3552947823032:::::
    PATH_INFO     /f
    SCRIPT_NAME     /apex
    REMOTE_ADDR     ::1
    SERVER_PROTOCOL     HTTP/1.1
    REQUEST_PROTOCOL     HTTP
    REMOTE_USER     ANONYMOUS
    HTTP_USER_AGENT     Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; rv:18.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/18.0
    HTTP_HOST     localhost:8080
    HTTP_ACCEPT_ENCODING     gzip,deflate
    HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE     en-US,en;q=0.5
    HTTP_ORACLE_ECID     
    WEB_AUTHENT_PREFIX     
    DAD_NAME     apex
    DOC_ACCESS_PATH     docs
    DOCUMENT_TABLE     wwv_flow_file_objects$
    PATH_ALIAS     
    REQUEST_CHARSET     AL32UTF8
    REQUEST_IANA_CHARSET     UTF-8
    SCRIPT_PREFIX     

CORE 11.2.0.2.0 Production
    NLSRTL Version 11.2.0.2.0 - Production
    Oracle Database 11g Express Edition Release 11.2.0.2.0 - Production
    PL/SQL Release 11.2.0.2.0 - Production
    TNS for 32-bit Windows: Version 11.2.0.2.0 - Production

NLS_CHARACTERSET:     AL32UTF8
    DAD CHARACTERSET:     UTF-8
    JOB_QUEUE_PROCESSES:     4
  • 8. Re: Oracle Apex slowness on page submit and loading
    selezeus Newbie

XE only use 1 microprocesser and 1 GB of RAM, but under my view of point you have overloaded your laptop. Because it not only working with those tools, also is working with the windows enviroments (Chrome only by itself need 1 GB when you open more than 1 tab). Best watch the task manager and control all the process.

The best in any case is separate server from all the others, run to Linux, CentOs is a good option and install all the servers. Linux have the advantage that only run what you want to run nothing more and so you can control what is running in your RAM.

• 9. Re: Oracle Apex slowness on page submit and loading
    itobinh Newbie

I can see your job queue processes only 4.

Try to increase it to minimum 20.

Good luck :-)

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points