we try to use a LDAP(Novell EDir) to auth local linux users.
Following some docs and how to´s there pop up some questions.
1. NSS / PAM
- Do we need only one of these mechs or does we need to configure both methods ?
2. /etc/ldap.conf | /etc/openldap/ldap.conf
- How to understand this ? Why there are two config files ?
- Does we need to configure both of them ?
- Is it right that we need also the nscd if we use nss ? or do we need it also for PAM ?
2. yes both of the don´t care
3. no need for PAM