This discussion is archived
3 Replies Latest reply: Jun 23, 2013 11:51 AM by JeanYves Bernier RSS

Where do I put the image for the Forms page background?

ChrisJunior Newbie
Currently Being Moderated

I'm running Forms and Reports 11g, and I'm trying to change the background image. Where do I put the image that I want to display? Is there a specific file/location that I should put it and then link to it in the formsweb.cfg?

Thanks

• 1. Re: Where do I put the image for the Forms page background?
    XeM Newbie

Hi,

Have a look at below thread this could may help you.

https://forums.oracle.com/thread/1023875

• 2. Re: Where do I put the image for the Forms page background?
    ChrisJunior Newbie

I had already looked at that article. Everyone posting in it seemed pretty confused about what was going on.. So it didn't help me at all.

We ended up finding the splash.gif file stored in a jar file hidden away and replaced it with the image we wanted (a picture of my coworker's head... haha. That got a few laughs in the office). Then we left the splash field in the formsweb.cfg file to blank so that it would use the default Oracle image, which we had replaced with our pic. That's definitely harder than it needs to be... All the documents I've seen said that we can simply point in the formsweb.cfg to where the image we want displayed is located. We tried this though and it didn't work. We put the image.gif in the /forms directory and changed the formsweb.cfg to background=/forms/image.gif. We reloaded the forms login and page and instead of the Oracle background it was now blank. Why didn't our image show?

• 3. Re: Where do I put the image for the Forms page background?
    JeanYves Bernier Explorer

Hi,

it depends on another parameter in formsweb.cfg named

imageBase

Indicates where icon files are stored. Legal values:

• codeBase, which indicates that the icon search path is relative to the directory that contains the Java classes. Use this value if you store your icons in a JAR file (recommended).
    • documentBase, which is the URL pointing to the HTML file.

Default value from formsweb.cfg is codeBase. If no value is specified, then the value of documentBase is used.

if codeBase is used you must create a jar file in which you place your images then put your icons.jar in the forms/java directory where others jar file are located eg. frmall.jar

then in the archive parameter you must add you icons.jar

archive=frmall.jar, icons.jar

then adjust your logo and background to your own images

see

Configuring and Managing Forms Services - 11g Release 1 (11.1.1)

section  4.7.3 Deploying Application Icons

regards

JeanYves

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points