You will need to edit the export action script in the PULL adapter. The file name is passed into this script as an imput parameter strFile so you need to manipulate this variable to replace the .dat extension with the.csv extension. You will also need to change the value addigned the the delimiter in the strDelim variable fro the default which is Tab to a comma.
Thank you SH.
I have changed the strDelim = ","
But where do i manipulate the ' strFile'. I didnt find '.dat ' anywhere in the script. Below is the part of the full script. Is this function stored somewhere else..?
strDelim = ","
strTargYear = API.POVMgr.fPeriodKey(CStr(strPer(0))).strTargetYear
strDataValue = API.POVMgr.fCheckLocProf(CStr(strLoc)).strDataValue
strCatFreq = API.POVMgr.fCategoryFreq(CStr(strCat))
'Open the file system object
Set objFileSys = CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")
Set objFile = objFileSys.CreateTextFile(strFile, RES.FDMTrue, API.DataWindow.DBTools.fGlobalOptionGet(API.IntBlockMgr.IntegrationMgr.PstrSysKey & "EnableUnicode").Status)
If Err.Number > 0 Then
objR.intResult = RES.FDMFalse
objR.strErrDesc = Err.Description
objR.lngErrCode = Err.Number
'Log Action in transaction log
API.DataWindow.DBTools.mLog 5005, API.DataWindow.Connection.PstrUserID, CDate(dteStartTime), Now(), CStr(strFile), "Err", "Export Info: Cat=" & strTCat & " Per=" & strPerDesc & " Year=" & strTargYear, CStr(objR.strErrDesc)
Thanks for your reply
I have tried with your script but no luck. Can you guide me to the place where the value is assigned to variable 'strFile', as i can directly go and change it.
I have gone through all the object through the object browser and couldn't find something related to strFile.
If this is holding you up, then a quick solution would be to just rename the file at the end of the adaptor export script. From memory the strFile gives the full path, but if it doesn't you can easily find code in the accelerators to give the path to the outbox where the file gets written to.