This discussion is archived
1 2 Previous Next 17 Replies Latest reply: Jun 20, 2013 3:14 AM by Aravinda Go to original post RSS
  • 15. Re: How to convert a text input into a LOV input
    Aravinda Newbie
    Currently Being Moderated

Hi Sandeep ,

Iam getting the value in lov , and  getting saved if seeded msg text input is not  READ ONLY.

if i make it  read only, then this site name is  not   getting forwarded (should default)to the next page ,not saving..

YOU SAID in ur reply ***********************you will have to personalize

"/oracle/apps/pos/supplier/components/webui/AddressRN"

from the functional administrator responsibility.********************

WHY this region , I did not find this in my working path. And how to achieve this thrugh functional administrator responsibility.

My region is  this na ..

/oracle/apps/ar/hz/components/address/webui/HzPuiAddressCreateUpdate.addressCreateUpdateStack

how to approach.plz help.

GOT THE REGION  /oracle/apps/pos/supplier/components/webui/AddressRN.

But how to achieve this thrugh    ** functional administrator ** responsibility. Please guide

Message was edited by: Aravinda

• 16. Re: How to convert a text input into a LOV input
    SandeepM. Journeyer

Hi Aravinda,

Display only components are not saved by OAF so you can make use of formValue bean for this purpose.

AddressRN is getting extended by all the seeded page and you cannot personalize that from page itself, thats the reason you need to personalize it from functional administrator.

Navigation is ->

functional administrator -> Personalization -> Search for this RN (AddressRN) and then click on personalize icon.

• 17. Re: How to convert a text input into a LOV input
    Aravinda Newbie

yes ,I did that   through functional Administrator also ., But the given value in our custom msg LOV input is not getting forwarded to the next page.

You might knew ,but even let me clarify once again.......................

In address book search page ,when we click on CREATE ,it takes us to "Create Address: Confirm Details" page...right (say PAGE 1)

Here we have to give all the address details

Here a seeded address name msg TEXT input is there.  after entering data,and click on CONTINUE button  it will take us to "Create Address: Site Creation"  (say PAGE 2).

So here our page 1 address name (newly created LOV input)'s value shoud render in PAGE 2.

Once we select this site name along with operating unit, when we click on APPLy ,it will get saved.

But issue is even I did through page level personalization  OR through functional adminastrator Respy.  If seeded address name is disturbed (read only  or disabled) ,our custom address name is not getting forwarded to PAGE 2  not getting saved.

If seeded address name is NOT  disturbed (read only  or disabled) ,our custom address name is getting forwarded to PAGE 2  getting saved.

BUT I SHOULD HIDE OR DISABLE OR READ ONLY the seeded address name msg TEXT input to avoid user junk values.

TO use form value ,I have to forward page1 value to page 2 .Will it work???????

1 2 Previous Next

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points