This discussion is archived
3 Replies Latest reply: Jun 21, 2013 10:20 AM by Murali Pasumarti RSS

How to load hierarchies along with properties into existing version?

kirannch Explorer
Currently Being Moderated

Hi All,

I am new to DRM, i need to create hierarchies along with all properties at a time into existing version.

as per my knowledge using Action scripts only we can build single property at one time.

Please suggest if any one have idea how to create.

Thanks in advance.

Kiran

• 1. Re: How to load hierarchies along with properties into existing version?
    user305031 Newbie

Did you build your property definitions first? You need to do that in "Administer" section before you could use Action Scripts to assign those properties to the hierarchy members (nodes)

• 2. Re: How to load hierarchies along with properties into existing version?
    kirannch Explorer

Yes, i have already setup property definitions and want to create or update existing hierarchies along with all property values.

• 3. Re: How to load hierarchies along with properties into existing version?
    Murali Pasumarti Journeyer

I see your requirement is to build a new hierarchy along with its nodes and properties and you wish to add the same to the existing version, as a best practice you can perform an Import and then Blend it to the current working version.

If you are confident that, your Hierarchy/Nodes/Properties are accurate then you can create an action script to bring the information onto the current version,

Action Scripts allow you to perform bulk updates, you need to create an action script for your available data in the below format,

Note: I am using pipe ( | ) as my delimiter.

To create a Hierarchy and perform Property updates,

AddHier | Version Name | Hierarchy name | Description | Top Node Name  ( Creates the Hierarchy for you )

UpdateHierPropValue | Version Name | Hierarchy Name | Property Name | Property Value ( To Update hierarchy properties, please use the property names with appropriate name space Ex: Core. Or Custom. )

To create the Nodes and Node Property updates,

Add | Version Name | Hierarchy Name | Node Name |  Parent Name | Leaf Limb Flag ( Creates the Nodes for you, Leaf Limb Flag Leaf=1 and Limb=0 )

ChangeProp | Version Name | Hierarchy Name | Node Name | Property name | Property Value  ( To Update node properties, please use the property names with appropriate name space Ex: Core. Or Custom. )

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points