This discussion is archived
0 Replies Latest reply: Jun 22, 2013 11:49 PM by Syed.Ali RSS

Validations in SSHR Transfer Request

Syed.Ali Newbie
Currently Being Moderated

Hello Gurus,

I would like to restrict the Managers to do Transfer of employee effective first day of any month. I thought that user hook of assignment will help, it helps but not in user friendly manner and not on the first page of transfer request, it will throw an SQL Exception defined in my hook package after 3 step in transfer request. The error looks like

Exception Details.
oracle.apps.fnd.framework.OAException: java.sql.SQLException: ORA-20040: The effective date should be first day of the month. ORA-06512: at "APPS.HR_PROCESS_ASSIGNMENT_SS", line 5940 ORA-06512: at "APPS.HR_PROCESS_ASSIGNMENT_SS", line 1959 ORA-06512: at line 1 at oracle.apps.fnd.framework.OAException.wrapperException(OAException.java:912) at oracle.apps.per.selfservice.common.server.ProcessAssignment.processSave(ProcessAssignment.java:2763) at oracle.apps.per.selfservice.location.server.ChangeLocationVORowImpl.updateRow(ChangeLocationVORowImpl.java:207) at oracle.apps.fnd.framework.server.OAPlsqlViewRowImpl.callAPI(OAPlsqlViewRowImpl.java:111) at oracle.apps.fnd.framework.server.OAPlsqlViewObjectImpl.callAPI(OAPlsqlViewObjectImpl.java:163)

How can I turn this into user friendly message on first page itself?

Thanks,

Syed Ali

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points