1 Reply Latest reply: Jun 23, 2013 5:06 AM by Hoek RSS

Oracle Database XE 11.2 Application Express

EV259

Hi All,

Today I have installed Oracle Database XE 11.2 in my home pc for practice purpose.After the completion of installation i have an icon "Get Started With Oracle Database 11g Express Edition " on my desktop. When i clicked this one, it opened me in the web browser with such options like STORAGE, SESSIONS, PARAMETERS, APPLICATION EXPRESS. When I clicked on the Application Express, it asked me to create a work space, and to be enthusiastic, i just created it to know what is happening.

In the APPLICATION EXPRESS (Application Express 4.0.2.00.09), i have such options like, Application Builder, SQL workshop, Team Development, Administration.

I am new to Oracle, and by reading some tutorials and some documentations i am learning it.

As per my knowledge, A database is installed on a Server, and we use oracle client to connect from the local machine.But, Could you please clarify me, what is an APPLICATION EXPRESS and what it meant for.

Thank you very much in advance and excuse if am not clear.

Thanks,

• 1. Re: Oracle Database XE 11.2 Application Express
          Hoek

"

Oracle Application Express is a rapid Web application development tool for the Oracle database. Using only a Web browser and limited programming experience, you can develop professional applications that are both fast and secure. Thanks to built-in features such as user interface themes, navigational controls, form handlers, and flexible reports, Oracle Application Express accelerates the application development process.

From the end user's perspective, the deployed applications require only a browser and access to an Oracle database running Application Express.

"

See:

Introducing Oracle Application Express

And for the long term:

The Tom Kyte Blog: The keys to Oracle…