This discussion is archived
5 Replies Latest reply: Jun 24, 2013 8:53 AM by CraigB RSS

frm-40404:Database apply complete: 1 records applied.

user7507909 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated

Hi guys,

I hope so you are fine. I have two forms form A,B.am calling form B from A through Call_form and passing parameter through parameter list.there is no issue in calling.but when I input some data in form b and press ctrl+S .it gives me message frm-40404:Database apply complete: 1 records applied.

but data is not saved in database.when i try to close the b form it's ask for saved then i press save then data actually save in db.

why its happening.

Note:in my first step I execute query on form A then i am calling form B.on form b i set where clause in new_block_instance to get relivent record.after that i add a new row where i get above message.

Thanks,

SK

• 1. Re: frm-40404:Database apply complete: 1 records applied.
    CraigB Guru

We need to know more about how the data blocks in FORM B are configured.  Are the data blocks in Form B table based or Control Blocks?  Do you have a Key-Commit, On-Insert, On-Update, etc., trigger on your Module or Block that overrides the default DML on the block?

Also, it would be helpful to know which version of Oracle Forms you are using.

Craig...

• 2. Re: frm-40404:Database apply complete: 1 records applied.
    user7507909 Newbie

Thanks for reply,

I am using forms 10.1.2.0.2 for ebs suite r12.1.3.I have two blocks in form b.1 is database and 2 is control block.i didn't override any trigger.

Thanks.

• 3. Re: frm-40404:Database apply complete: 1 records applied.
    CraigB Guru

As you are working with the EBS, did you start your FORM B using the EBS TEMPLATE.fmb?  If not, I strongly recommend you do.  If you have, then you are going to need to take a look at where your cursor is in FORM B when the commit is issued.  Are you calling the COMMIT_FORM built-in or simply calling the SQL commit?  Both should work, but I have found it is always best to use the Forms Built-ins.

"I have two blocks in form b.1 is database and 2 is control block.i didn't override any trigger.{"

Are all of the items in BLOCK_1 database items?

Craig...

• 4. Re: frm-40404:Database apply complete: 1 records applied.
    user7507909 Newbie

Thanks for reply,

I developed form through template.form b has only 3 db columns so it has no effect where cursor is.am not using commit_form etc.am simply pressing ctrl+S for save.

• 5. Re: frm-40404:Database apply complete: 1 records applied.
    CraigB Guru

I recomment you add some debugging code to your form so you can try and figure out what is happening.  The first thing I would do is add a Key-Commit trigger to your data block with the following code:

[code]

/* Sample Block Level Key-Commit trigger */

BEGIN

CLEAR_MESSAGE;

MESSAGE('Form, Block, Record Status: '||:SYSTEM.FORM_STATUS||'-'||:SYSTEM.BLOCK_STATUS||'-'||:SYSTEM.RECORD_STATUS);

MESSAGE(' ');

Commit_Form;

END; [/code]

This code will display the Form, Block and Record status at the time you commit.  If the statuses are OK, then you could move this trigger to the Module/Form level and add the :SYSTEM.TRIGGER_BLOCK and :SYSTEM.TRIGGER_ITEM to the message to see where processing starts.

Additionally, you can expand this debugging by displaying the field name and data to be saved.  After the call to Commit_Form; then you can execute a query to fetch the data you just commited to the table and display that as well.

These are just a few debug messages you could use; you can use more or less depending on your needs and what information you've gotten from your previous debug messages.

Hope this helps,

Craig...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points