3 Replies Latest reply: Oct 2, 2013 6:41 AM by Durmic RSS

How to remove agent from console after host decommissioned

BillW

I am using the OEM 12c console. A particular host target which is a member of a cluster crashed and is no longer in service yet the agent is still displayed in the console.

I first tried removing the information from the repository using emcli -

-bash-3.2$ ./emcli delete_target -name="brownshoe.ucdavis.edu:3872" -type="oracle_emd" -delete_monitored_targets -async

and receive the error

Error: Agent status is currently UP. Shut down the agent and wait for the agent to be marked UNREACHABLE before deleting.

Since the host is gone I am unable to log on. The agents are installed separately on each member of the cluster but nevertheless I wondered if I am expected to shut down the agent on the other cluster member, must I do that?

From the console I was able to remove all targets related to the agent so that only the agent is displayed. When I go to Setup -> Agents -> Agent Name, select the agent in question and click remove the console returns the message 'Error Encountered. Check log file for details.' What log file must I check and how do I remove the agent from the console?

Thank you.

Bill Wagman