This discussion is archived
3 Replies Latest reply: Jul 13, 2013 4:17 AM by Adigopula RSS

Query for multiple invoice numbers.

5a40ed84-9666-414b-8f39-a25af7e7836d Newbie
Currently Being Moderated

Hi,

My question is if I can add multiple invoice numbers in the search field "invice number"?

For example when I receive a balance confirmation request from a supplier and their list contains 10 invoices. Can I do a search for all 10 at the same time or I can olny do a search one by one?

Thank you!

Angie

• 1. Re: Query for multiple invoice numbers.
    ThAn Explorer

Hi,

there's no direct possibility to query for multiple Invoice number in terms of entering e.g. 5 number for a query.

But you can work with placeholders '_' and '%' to find multiple invoices at one time. Underscore sign stands
    for exactly one character which can have multiple value, percentage sign for multiple ones.

Example (assuming you are using letters and numbers for invoice numbering):

When entering 'A12_' as search String, invoices from 'A120' to 'A12z' would be found.

When using 'A12_01_' all invoices from 'A120010' to 'A12z01z' would be found.
    When using 'A12%' all invoices starting with 'A12' - no matter about the rest would be found.

These are only a few examples but i think when using a clever combination of wildcards and parts of the
    invoices - which often share a common component, if the invoices come from the same vendor - you'll get
    at least a small step farther.

Regards

• 2. Re: Query for multiple invoice numbers.
    user12991580 Newbie

HI,

You can find multiple invoices using # IN('INVOICE1','INVOCIE2')

• 3. Re: Query for multiple invoice numbers.
    Adigopula Explorer

You don't have any option to find balance with multiple invoices.

but alternatives you have.

1) if you want to find for particular supplier balance confirmation you can do that from invoice inquiry screen. enter supplier name and click on Calculate Balance Owned Button.

it will show total balance for that particular supplier.

2) if you have those 10 invoices from One receipt/po whil quering you can give that PO and Receipt  so that you can get the supplier balances.

Thanks

Hari

note: it this answer is correct/helpful pls check the correct answer/helpful answer.  so that other won't follow up this question.

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points