13 Replies Latest reply: Jun 25, 2013 3:37 AM by ReddyG RSS

Forgot Obiee 11g Rpd Password

Hi,
      I have forgotten Obiee11g rpd password,how can i bypass or reset password..

Thanks,
      Kartheek.
        • 1. Re: Forgot Obiee 11g Rpd Password
          Rupesh Shelar
          Hi,

go to Admin console
          services-security-my realm-users and reset or change the pwd

mark helps

'thanks
          • 2. Re: Forgot Obiee 11g Rpd Password
            rmoff
            998231 wrote:
            You can't, you're screwed. In 11g there is no way to recover a lost RPD password.
            • 3. Re: Forgot Obiee 11g Rpd Password
              rmoff
              go to Admin console
              services-security-my realm-users and reset or change the pwd
              That's for reseting a user in the WLS LDAP directory. The OP was asking about an RPD password.
              • 4. Re: Forgot Obiee 11g Rpd Password
                ReddyG
                try this 10g solution...for resetting..
                Open NQSConfig.INI file
                Go to Security part and find AUTHENTICATION_TYPE = BYPASS_NQS;
                Uncomment (remove #) this part.
                Stop the BI Server service
                Close Administration Tool, if opened. (Then only the changes are affecting to the Administration Tool)
                Open Administration Tool, then rpd which needs password reset, in offline mode
                Give any password, it accepts.
                Now go to Manage > Security.
                From here it’s the normal process how you change password.
                Save the changes to rpd
                Revert back the changes in NQSConfig.INI
                Start BI Server and open rpd with new password.

refer
                [Repository Password is not Valid and I forgot my Repository Password]
                • 5. Re: Forgot Obiee 11g Rpd Password
                  Yogi1729
                  Hi Karthik,,
                  Try this one..

login to EM. in the left side pan select expand the weblogic domain. right click on the bifoundation_domin and select the security-->Credentials in that expand the oracle.bi.enterprise..

here you find the list of RPDS. available and click on the repository wish you want to change the password. enter the password and confirm password resatart the bi services once and see.

hope this will work.

Thanks,
                  Yogi.
                  • 6. Re: Forgot Obiee 11g Rpd Password
                    Turbokat
                    rmoff wrote:
                    998231 wrote:
                    You can't, you're screwed. In 11g there is no way to recover a lost RPD password.
                    --please check OBIEE 11g: How To Run the Obieerpdpwdchg Utility Direclty From The Unix Command Line [ID 1385508.1]--

I stand corrected..rmoff was correct, you are screwed .!

BTW that doc should apply for Windows command line too instead of bi-init.sh you should run bi-init.bat How ever you still need the old pwd--

Check 1.9 Comparing the Oracle Business Intelligence 10g and 11g Security Models : http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E17904_01/bi.1111/e10543/intromartin.htm#autoId1
                    Caution:
                    A release 11g repository can only be opened with the password. There is no mechanism for recovering a lost password.

-
                    SVS

Edited by: SSVS on Apr 9, 2013 7:16 PM
                    • 7. Re: Forgot Obiee 11g Rpd Password
                      Yogi,
                      Thanks for response..I have done the changes you done..when BI server restarted i am getting error 'Work Wrapper caught exception' and not able to login of changed password in offline mode also.

Thanks,
                      Karthik
                      • 8. Re: Forgot Obiee 11g Rpd Password
                        Re:SVS
                        My Obiee was installed on windows machine..
                        • 9. Re: Forgot Obiee 11g Rpd Password
                          My obiee was installed on Windows server 2008..Please let me know any options are there to recover password or i need to start developing rpd from scratch..
                          • 10. Re: Forgot Obiee 11g Rpd Password
                            SunilSharma
                            you need to develop the rpd from scratch. there is no way to recover the rpd if u forgot the password which u have changed.

the best way is to write down the passwords to some secure place whenever u change it(if u cant remember it)
                            • 11. Re: Forgot Obiee 11g Rpd Password
                              Srini VEERAVALLI
                              I dont think there is noway!!

This should work.

11g:
                              EM->bifoundation_domain->right click->Security->Credentials->oracle.bi.enterprise
                              select current rpd and edit
                              • 12. Re: Forgot Obiee 11g Rpd Password
                                SunilSharma
                                looks like there is a way to recover the lost passwords for RPD's using listcred() method of wlst

look at the following doc http://www.rittmanmead.com/2011/04/oracle-bi-ee-11g-migrating-security-credential-store-part-3/
                                "
                                Listing the Credential in Dev Environment:

All the Credential Keys are generally stored in an encrypted format (the passwords). So, to migrate we will need to first extract these passwords and then do the migration to Production. The passwords can be extracted through the listCred() method of WLST. We need to be connected to the Admin Server for this method to work. The exact command is given below

connect(“weblogic”,”welcome1″,”localhost:7001″)
                                listCred(“DevMap”,”DevKey”)

This will show the encrypted password entered inside the key as shown below

And this is what we see in the enterprise manager.

As you see, with listCred we are able to extract the full credentials. Now, lets try to see what is the default password for the BISystemUser.

listCred(“oracle.bi.system”,”system.user”)

In the same way lets extract the passwords of the SampleAppLite repository.

listCred(“oracle.bi.enterprise”,”repository.SampleAppLite”)

With this we can even extract the lost Repository passwords."

i am going to try it out now