This discussion is archived
9 Replies Latest reply: Jul 2, 2013 7:28 PM by Hussein Sawwan-Oracle RSS

concurrent log issue

SusanJK Newbie
Currently Being Moderated

i by mistake raised this within korean language!!!

ebs version  : r12.1.3

database version : 11.2.0.2

Its a two node RAC system.

Unfortunately i am facing an issue in regards to the concurrent manager log file.

Concurrent manager requests have processed successffully and when i look at the log file  it would display "current system time is 3--april -2013" when i ran the concurrent request on 23rd June 2013...

can anyone guide me in regards to where to change the settings for just the LOG File.

Kind Regards,

Susan John K.

• 1. Re: concurrent log issue
    Srini Chavali-Oracle Oracle ACE Director

Pl post OS details and the output of the "date" (or equivalent) command from all of the RAC nodes

HTH
    Srini

• 2. Re: concurrent log issue
    Hussein Sawwan-Oracle Employee ACE

Was this working before? If yes, any changes been done since then?

How many CM nodes you have? Is it a PCP?

Are the timezone and date set properly (and identical) at the OS level on both servers?

Thanks,

Hussein

• 3. Re: concurrent log issue
    TusharThakker Explorer

Even if the timezone was different in CM and DB nodes, it may not create such a large difference in dates. As above experts mentioned, please post date from CM node as well as all RAC nodes.

• 4. Re: concurrent log issue
    SusanJK Newbie

Hi All,

Rac Nodes : 2 nodes

date on both the server is correct and so is the time on the database time.

• 5. Re: concurrent log issue

SusanJK wrote:

Hi All,

Rac Nodes : 2 nodes

date on both the server is correct and so is the time on the database time.

How many application nodes you have? How many CM nodes? Do you have PCP implemented?

Is the issue with the concurrent requests log files or with the CM log files?

Is the date in FND_CONCURRENT_REQUESTS table correct?

If the issue with your RAC setup, can you reproduce the issue if you shutdown one instance and keep the other one up? Please try to reproduce the issue with each instance and compare.

Please provide more details about the error (i.e. entries from the log file from each node, dates from FND_CONCURRENT_REQUESTS table, OS date command, ..etc) so we can help.

Thanks,

Hussein

• 6. Re: concurrent log issue
    SusanJK Newbie

HI Hussein,

Thank you for the prompt reply.

How many application nodes you have?

2 application node and 2 database tiers .. all are separate to each other. 

How many CM nodes?

2 nodes

Do you have PCP implemented? Yes

Is the issue with the concurrent requests log files or with the CM log files? Concurrent request log files.

Is the date in FND_CONCURRENT_REQUESTS table correct? Yes it is reason why i am totally lost ....

If the issue with your RAC setup, can you reproduce the issue if you shutdown one instance and keep the other one up? Please try to reproduce the issue with each instance and compare. Cannot as its happening on production...

I will provide more info asap. thank you

• 7. Re: concurrent log issue

If the issue with your RAC setup, can you reproduce the issue if you shutdown one instance and keep the other one up? Please try to reproduce the issue with each instance and compare. Cannot as its happening on production...

If the issue with your production instance and this i considered as a critical issue for you then please log a SR with sev 1.

I will provide more info asap. thank you

OK -- Awaiting your update.

Could you please also confirm whether the date is set correct in the concurrent request log files which are generated on the server (under $APPLCSF/$APPLLOG directory)? Download the request log file to your client and open it using any text editor.

Is the date set properly at the OS/Application level since you have already confirmed the date/time at the Database and Database Server level?

Thanks,

Hussein

• 8. Re: concurrent log issue
    SusanJK Newbie

This issue has been resolved ... There was a clone done recently ... and one of our DBAS didnt do the required dba monitoring and maintenance so it was appending onto the old log files...!!!!

Thank you very much EVERYONE for trying to helo me out very much appreciated.

• 9. Re: concurrent log issue

SusanJK wrote:

This issue has been resolved ... There was a clone done recently ... and one of our DBAS didnt do the required dba monitoring and maintenance so it was appending onto the old log files...!!!!

Thank you very much EVERYONE for trying to helo me out very much appreciated.

Thanks for the update.

Was your production instance cloned from some other instance?

Regards,

Hussein

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points