1 Reply Latest reply: Jun 26, 2013 7:23 AM by 918642 RSS

Copying & Modifying a Version Organization/Position Hierarchy in Oracle E-Business Suite

Hello All,

I intend to create a new version of Organization/Position hierarchy by copying the original version(1) into a new version(2) and modify it accordingly but i found it very difficult to create a new version inside the same hierarchy. I was only able to copy the entire hierarchy to a new name. I could have go on to use this new copied version but the hierarchy has been used in several places in the system

The Oracle Help provided an explanation but this did not work.

Can anybody help with the procedure on how to create a version of Organization/Position hierarchy to be later modified? Thank you.

Bayo

• 1. Re: Copying & Modifying a Version Organization/Position Hierarchy in Oracle E-Business Suite

I got a breakthrough eventually. The Oracle Online Help provided the solution but the order was misleading and that is why I was missing it.

I eventually followed this steps:

1. Query the Org/ Position hierarchy to copy from Diagrammer

2. Place the cursor on the version field and press arrow down to the next available empty version

3. Enter the start date of the new Org/Position Hierarchy

4.Click on Copy Hierarchy

5. Select the hierarchy and the version to copy

6. Click Copy

7. A Warning displays that the old version has been endated. Click Ok to accept

8. The new version will be saved

9. Click Open Editor and you will see the new version. You can go on to edit it

-Bayo