6 Replies Latest reply: Jul 3, 2013 5:38 PM by 558acbc9-e80a-4742-bc2c-1e84894f59ca RSS

Error while creating user dimension in awm

558acbc9-e80a-4742-bc2c-1e84894f59ca

Hi,

I am new to awm. I am trying to create a dimension in my workspace, but i receive an error after i click 'create'. When i check the detailed error, i think its something to do with the OLAP_TABLE. Please find the error message below,

===================================================

Your metadata changes have been saved, with the following errors

Invalid Metadata Objects:

Invalid Object "TAN.TICKERSYMBOL": "CREATE OR REPLACE VIEW  "TAN"."TICKERSYMBOL_VIEW" AS    SELECT      "DIM_KEY",      "LEVEL_NAME",      "MEMBER_TYPE",      "DIM_ORDER",      "LONG_DESCRIPTION",      "SHORT_DESCRIPTION"   FROM TABLE(CUBE_TABLE('"TAN"."TICKERSYMBOL"') ) 

ORA-00902: invalid datatype "

====================================================

Please advise.

• 1. Re: Error while creating user dimension in awm
          DavidGreenfield

What are the data types of your dimension attributes?  Also, what is the definition of the table or view to which you mapped TICKERSYMBOL? (e.g. a CREATE TABLE statement or the result of DESCRIBE on the table.)  I would try dropping one column at a time from the view definition until I found the one at fault.  Can you run the query by itself?

SELECT

"DIM_KEY",     

"LEVEL_NAME",     

"MEMBER_TYPE",     

"DIM_ORDER",     

"LONG_DESCRIPTION",     

"SHORT_DESCRIPTION"  

FROM TABLE(CUBE_TABLE('"TAN"."TICKERSYMBOL"') ) 

• 2. Re: Error while creating user dimension in awm

In "Create Dimension" step, first we give a name for the dimension field & create one before we actually do the mapping for the field corresponding to a column in a table. I get this error even before i do the mapping. The moment i say "create dimension". That surprises me. Also i could not find Cube_table.. I am trying to understand why it is "TAN"."TICKERSYMBOL" in the system generated query for create dimension. "TAN" is my user name & "TICKERSYMBOL" is the dimension name that i provided in "create dimension window" .. ( The name does not match any field name in the source table)

Pls advise..

• 3. Re: Error while creating user dimension in awm

ALso i tried running the query in DB.. Same error comes.. Tried all combinations in select clause, it gives the error with any combination..

Any suggestions pls..

• 4. Re: Error while creating user dimension in awm
                DavidGreenfield

Which version of the database (not AWM!) are you using?  (e.g. 11.2.0.3)

My guess is that there is a problem with your OLAP installation and that you will need to open a service request to get it resolved.  But the following may help us to track down the problem.

alter session set events='902 trace name errorstack';

alter session set tracefile_identifier=OLAP;

SELECT

"DIM_KEY",     

"LEVEL_NAME",     

"MEMBER_TYPE",     

"DIM_ORDER",     

"LONG_DESCRIPTION",     

"SHORT_DESCRIPTION"  

FROM TABLE(CUBE_TABLE('"TAN"."TICKERSYMBOL"') ) 

Once you have run this (in a single session), look for a trace file containing the word OLAP in its file name.  It should contain a stack trace that will tell us where the ORA-00902 is being raised. The trace file will be long, but the interesting part begins like this:

----- Call Stack Trace -----

calling              call     entry                argument values in hex     

location             type     point                (? means dubious value)    

-------------------- -------- -------------------- ----------------------------

skdstdst()+29        call     kgdsdst()            7FFFADE14590 ? 000000000 ?

7FFFADDF6E50 ? 7FFFADDF6F68 ?

7FFFADE14C48 ? 7FFFADE14540 ?

ksedst()+112         call     skdstdst()           7FFFADE14590 ? 000000000 ?

If you can find this, please copy it in reply.

• 5. Re: Error while creating user dimension in awm

My db version "Oracle Database 11g Enterprise Edition Release 11.2.0.1.0 - 64bit Production"..

Also I am not able to execute the alter session command mentioned above as it says that i dont have sufficient priveleges.

• 6. Re: Error while creating user dimension in awm

Also there is no mentioning (atleast that i know of) regarding the 32 bit/ 64 bit exe available at oracle OLAP download site. I hope this does not cause the issue..