2 Replies Latest reply: Jul 8, 2013 9:44 AM by Maxime Carrier RSS

Display a classic report on 2 rows

Maxime Carrier

Hi,

I'm using classic reports in APEX 4.2 and I have some huge tables to display. I have a constraint to accept a minimum of 1024px width. I want to be able to display dynamically some columns on a second line if I don't have enough space.

By example:

Header 1Header 2Header 3Header 4Header 5Header 6
      Header 7
      Header 8
      Data 1-1Data 1-2Data 1-3Data 1-4Data 1-5Data 1-6
      Data 1-7Data 1-8
      Data 2-1Data 2-2Data 2-3Data 2-4Data 2-5Data 2-6
      Data 2-7Data 2-8
      Data 3-1...

I already wrap the data, but it is not enough.

I'm open to all ideas.

Thanks!

• 1. Re: Display a classic report on 2 rows
          fac586

MaximeCarrier wrote:

Hi,

I'm using classic reports in APEX 4.2 and I have some huge tables to display. I have a constraint to accept a minimum of 1024px width. I want to be able to display dynamically some columns on a second line if I don't have enough space.

Doing this "dynamically" would involve a lot of complex (maybe impossible in terms of browser support) CSS. Creating a multi-row custom report template is the simplest option.

• 2. Re: Display a classic report on 2 rows
            Maxime Carrier

Hi,

It works, but there are two issues with this solution:

1. The data is not ordered like the headers (headers are like the ordering in report attributes page and data is ordered like the query declaration).

2. The 'not showed' columns are displayed.

Do you have a quick fix for that? I have 3-4 reports I want to apply this solution to, but I don't want to make a generic template for each.

Thanks!

PS: I'm using the 'Blue responsive' theme with the 'Standard' template for reports.