This discussion is archived
3 Replies Latest reply: Jun 27, 2013 9:00 PM by yash_08031983 RSS

How to update master & detail block approal flag?

yash_08031983 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated

Hello experts,

i have master and detail form approval form.

user will select a docment no and master & details records will queried.

now he will just click the approve button and master&details approval flag will be updated.

give me some logic how to implement it..

Note: user will not enter manually any thing.

please help me out.

Thanks

yash

• 1. Re: How to update master & detail block approal flag?
    CraigB Guru

First, you will need to add a non-table button item in your multi-record block if you don't already have one.  The Visible property should be yes so that each record will have an Approval Button.  When the user clicks the button, your code simply sets the value of the APPROVAL_FLAG block item.  The Mouse Navigate property of your button should be Yes so the button code will act on the record where the button was pressed.  This ensures the record where the button was pressed is the record that gets the APPROVAL_FLAG updated.  For example, if your user is currently on record 2, but clicks the button for record 5 - then navigation moves to record 5 and the button code will set the APPROVAL_FLAG value for record 5.

Hope this helps.

Craig...

• 2. Re: How to update master & detail block approal flag?
    Andreas Weiden Guru

What exactly is the problem?

Update the flag in your master-block, go to the detail-block and loop over all records, updating the flags accordingly.

• 3. Re: How to update master & detail block approal flag?
    yash_08031983 Newbie

Hi expert,

I      have a Document approval form through which user query a document number.

There is a approval flag in master and detail table against document number field.

i want if user query any document number. after query master and detail approval field value set to Approve automatically.

so that user need not to approval it manually. user just need to query document number and just save it.

thanks

yash

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points