This discussion is archived
1 4 5 6 7 8 10 Previous Next 146 Replies Latest reply: Oct 9, 2013 11:35 AM by jgarry Go to original post RSS
  • 75. Re: Update on site issues
    munky Guru
    Currently Being Moderated

Just chiming in with my experience - painfully slow again and I've had a couple of server timeout messages as well...

• 76. Re: Update on site issues
    Hoek Guru

Agreed too.

I guess I'm off to bed as well, until them ( from the dark side ) arise...

Problems:

- still the communications counter that keeps reappearing for certain posts (4, from almost a week ago)

- sslllowwww

- cannot see my own contributions through dashboard, I totally lost track of my own activity

- I gave it a couple of weeks (deliberately, see if I got used) but I too do not like the new interface(book) look&feel at all, it's like a kindergarten playground, sometimes counter-intuitive.

Just my  $0.02, ofcourse, I do highly respect the efforts made by the OTN team and  understand that there's no way back.

Will wait and see what progress will be made coming month....and try to participate as usual

• 77. Re: Update on site issues
    ATD Guru

Hi Ben,

I've not yet had server timeouts - perhaps I'm not waiting long enough to get timed-out .  Logging out, though, is also slow, so perhaps it's a problem with Oracle servers in general?

Andy

• 78. Re: Update on site issues
    Mini Journeyer

Hi Howard,

Thanks for the reply.

Yes i can see those two stars now, but before i couldnt find it.

Thanks for pointing it out

Brgds,

Mini

• 79. Re: Update on site issues
    9423755 Explorer

Is anybody from Oracle even reading this thread? I'm still not seeing my posted questions appear in the list of questions in the SQL and PL/SQL forum. I've even tried replying to my own questions with a brand new account. Nothing seems to work.

Has everyone at Oracle given up on us?  Is having a functioning forum too much to ask?

• 80. Re: Update on site issues
    Srini Chavali-Oracle Oracle ACE Director

Perhaps this might help ? Jason_942375

The "content" tab is a better indicator than the "activity" tab, for now

Srini

• 81. Re: Update on site issues
    9423755 Explorer

Srini, thanks, but better, perhaps, but how, and for whom?  My question is indeed visible in the "content" tab (forums.oracle.com/community/developer/english/oracle_database/sql_and_pl_sql/content) but the problem is that nobody goes to the content tab. They go to forums.oracle.com/community/developer/english/oracle_database/sql_and_pl_sql (the default view when you click on "SQL and PL/SQL". 

And hence, nobody sees my question. And hence, I get no replies.  Great, just great.

• 82. Re: Update on site issues
    Srini Chavali-Oracle Oracle ACE Director

Unfortunately I do not know why the content tab more accurately reflects current content than the activity tab - feature ? bug ? something else ? If you navigate to the PL/SQL forum space and click the content tab, you will see your post/thread. The differences between these two tabs has been noted in other threads - if it is indeed a bug, then I hope it will be fixed soon. Until then, I intend to use the content tab of every forum space

HTH
    Srini

• 83. Re: Update on site issues
    SomeoneElse Guru

> Is having a functioning forum too much to ask?

No no, it's "space".

• 84. Re: Update on site issues
    BillyVerreynne Oracle ACE

Jason_942375 wrote:

Srini, thanks, but better, perhaps, but how, and for whom?  My question is indeed visible in the "content" tab (forums.oracle.com/community/developer/english/oracle_database/sql_and_pl_sql/content) but the problem is that nobody goes to the content tab. They go to forums.oracle.com/community/developer/english/oracle_database/sql_and_pl_sql (the default view when you click on "SQL and PL/SQL".

And hence, nobody sees my question. And hence, I get no replies.  Great, just great.

No. Your post is perfectly visible. Has been since you posted it on the weekend.

You need to adjust your expectations. Very few forum members are active on weekends. And expecting an immediate response to a posting made on a Sunday, is just silly.

Moaning and whining about it, like you've done here and on your posting in the PL/SQL forum, are even sillier. Not many will appreciated - I for one lost interest in your problem the moment I read you whining about the lack of attention to it.

• 85. Re: Update on site issues
    scott.wesley Guru

Nobody?

Where do you get your facts? I always use the "content" tab because it lists things in a more visually appealing manner, imho.

Though I do agree with Billy - you posted on a Sunday (for some countries), on a volunteer forum, expecting immediate response.

I see 20 views on your post, you should be happy people at least considered it.

• 86. Re: Update on site issues
    Mr Nitin-Oracle Explorer

When I go to "

SQL and PL/SQL

I can see your post - 5th in the list.

• 87. Re: Update on site issues
    Marwim Expert

Perhaps you should post a me too at To all the whining wussies

• 88. Re: Update on site issues
    9423755 Explorer

"No. Your post is perfectly visible. Has been since you posted it on the weekend."

Perfectly visible? So are you calling me a liar?  Are you saying I don't have the ability to click on a forum and see if my own post is visible?  Do you think I went to the effort of creating a new username and replying to my own post to try to get it visible in the default "SQL and PL/SQL" view because I'm just too dumb to be able to notice my own post, which was visible all the time? 

"You need to adjust your expectations. Very few forum members are active on weekends. And expecting an immediate response to a posting made on a Sunday, is just silly."

Where did I complain that nobody had replied to my post?  WHERE?  Please quote me, I look forward to hearing from you.

I thought you guys were smart.  But evidently the difference between a post being visible and a post not receiving a reply is too much of a subtlety for you.

And as for "moaning" and "whining".  Okay mate, you think it's moaning that a multibillion dollar company decides to replace its own forum that was functioning perfectly well with a lame-a** pathetically executed replacement that fails on so many levels.

Nice try, nice ad hominem, very grown up of you Sir.

• 89. Re: Update on site issues
    9423755 Explorer

Let me be perfectly clear:

I do not expect an immediate response.  Where did I moan/complain/<insert verb of choice> that nobody had responded to my post?

What I do expect: I expect my question to be visible, from the moment I post it, in the DEFAULT landing page when you click "Oracle Databse -> SQL and PL/SQL"  I don't expect people to have to click on CONTENT.  Why should people be expected to click on Content? An extra click?  Why is a post visible on "Content" but no visible in "Overview"? Why would the most recent postings not be visible in the default landing page, which frames content under the heading "RECENT activity".  This is a bug. 

If my question is VISIBLE, but receives no response, then so be it. I just expect the FORUM to work.  I don't expect PEOPLE to respond. If they see my question, and are not interested, that's up to them.  Maybe after a day or so I might "bump" it but I've never had to do that, although I imagine participation in this crappy new forum has declined precipitously since its woeful introduction.

Even now, the performance of this site is pathetic.  As somebody said, "If I had done this [delivered this replacement forum] I would have been sacked by now".

1 4 5 6 7 8 10 Previous Next