This discussion is archived
1 Reply Latest reply: Jun 29, 2013 6:25 AM by Andreas Weiden RSS

Where Clause Block Property

sharpe Newbie
Currently Being Moderated

Hi.  My table has a column name participant_id and a column named last_access_date.  In the Block Property for Where Clause I'm entering:

{code}

sysdate > last_access_dt+1/24  -- only display records accessed over an hour ago

{code}

I do this because I don't want to display records that were already accessed within the last hour.  This seems to be working fine.

I discovered a problem.  When records are first loaded to this table the last_access_dt is null so those records were being filtered out by my Where Clause.  So I amended the Where Clause to this:

{code}

last_access_dt is null or (last_access_dt is not null and sysdate > last_access_dt+1/24)  -- only display records accessed over an hour ago

{code}

This seems to be working fine until the point when I enter a specific Participant Id in query mode because I only want to see this one participant's record.  When I do this the form doesn't query the one record I want.  Instead it queries many records as if it's ignoring the specific Participant Id I entered before querying.  I really just want to filter out records accessed in the last hour.  Beyond that I want to retain the normal functionality of the form.

Can anyone see what my problem is and offer a solution?  Any insights would be greatly appreciated.

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points