3 Replies Latest reply: Jul 1, 2013 12:33 PM by SarathL RSS

FORM lov popup twice for duplicated records

user10867484
      Hi All,

I have a enterable table in one data block, and among the columns in the table, there are 2 item with lov and one hidden item which represent the id:
      Item: A(lov field), B(lov field), C(hidden field)

Record group of LOV A will query and return value for all 3 field: A,B,C after lov selection.

The issue I am facing is, value for column A in the lov can be duplicated. So if I search for a1 in A's lov and below is what it will return
      col A col B col C
      -----------------------------
      a1 b1 c1
      a1 b2 c2

I selected the 1st row in the LOV, and I check the value for filed B and field C, they are all being populated correctly after the selection. However, if I try to save, or trying to navigate to the next row, or trying to close the form, LOV for field A will be popup again with 2 rows above and ask me to select the value again. If I dont make selection and press cancel button in the lov, I am getting error
      "FRM-40212: Invalid value for field A."

So my question is, is there any way I can stop the lov popup twice? I believe after I made selection the first time and tab out from fled A, it should already been validated and mark as valid, not sure why lov will popup the 2nd times and prompt for my selection again when I trying to save the block?

Thanks in advanced for the help.
        • 1. Re: FORM lov popup twice for duplicated records
          user346369
          I believe I have read somewhere that the double LOV pop-up is a bug in forms that occurs when there are identical values in the LOV.

You might try changing the select on the record group to use distinct, so only one value shows in the LOV.
          • 2. Re: FORM lov popup twice for duplicated records
            HamidHelal
            Steve Cosner wrote:
            I believe I have read somewhere that the double LOV pop-up is a bug in forms that occurs when there are identical values in the LOV.
            It's interesting. I heard it for the first time.

The oracle official forum member should discuss on this issue.

What i know...
            We are thinking on entire row and we know and confirm it's identical like poster example. Then, why LOV pop up again ?

LOV only pop up again if you set the LOV assigned item property "_Validate from list_" is "_Yes_". The filed only takes one column value and it's check the identical value, but the record column aren't indentical. For example from poster is: a1, a1. so, it's pop up again and then take one value.

If you set "_Validate from list_" is "_No_", you can write what ever you want at lov assigned filed and it let you go but the data is wrong !

You may try one thing. i didn't test.

Take When-Validate-Record-Trigger at block level and set the Validate from list to No
            Take When-New-Record-Instance at block level and set the Validate from list to Yes

Hope it's help

Hamid

If someone's response is helpful or correct, please mark it accordingly.
            • 3. Re: FORM lov popup twice for duplicated records
              SarathL

I have set the LOV item property Validate From List to NO and it stopped poping up twice .