3 Replies Latest reply: Jul 3, 2013 5:16 PM by Cjmurray-Oracle RSS

Oracle Quality User's Guide in Portuguese

Where would I find the Oracle Quality User's Guide in the Portuguese Language?

• 1. Re: Oracle Quality User's Guide in Portuguese
          Cjmurray-Oracle

The short answer: It might not exist; and if it does, I'm not sure how to find it.

The longer answer... I asked a doc group person whose expertise includes translation issues, and here's the situation in summary. Whether a manual is translated, and into which languages, varies among products. Relatively few manuals (as opposed to online help sets) are translated, and often into only certain languages.

The only way you might be able to find out if a Portuguese version of a specific book is available (and I assume you're talking about the Oracle Enterprise Data Quality for Product Data product) is to try a web search on what you expect to be the Portuguese translation of the book's title. (I know, how can you know exactly how the title will be translated if you haven't seen the translated book?) That might lead to some search matches for the book -- that is, if the book was translated into that particular language.

If there is a discussion forum devoted to Oracle Enterprise Data Quality for Product Data, you might try asking there if a Portuguese version is available for the exact title that you are interested in.

• 2. Re: Oracle Quality User's Guide in Portuguese

Sorry but I was refering Oracle Quality Module in Manufacturing-Collection Plans, Collection Elelments....and not the Quality data module.

Thanks

• 3. Re: Oracle Quality User's Guide in Portuguese
              Cjmurray-Oracle

OK, thanks; but in any case, the advice in my original reply applies. You might try a web search on what you expect to be the Portuguese title, or you could ask in an OTN discussion forum devoted to that product (if there is such a forum).