This discussion is archived
7 Replies Latest reply: Jul 3, 2013 7:29 AM by CraigB RSS

Not allowing to query for all blocks.

Vijetha Explorer
Currently Being Moderated

Hi,

I have a new question again.

I'm not able to query in all the blocks. All blocks in forms are from different tables.

I'm not able to query in all the blocks. I'm not able to click on fields of other blocks.

I have made 'Query all records' in property palette to 'Yes'. Still not able to query.

What should i do such that i ll be able to query in all blocks.

• 1. Re: Not allowing to query for all blocks.
    LT.ora Explorer

is it a master-detail block ?

• 2. Re: Not allowing to query for all blocks.
    CraigB Guru

You haven't given us enough information.  The Query All Records (QAR) property of a data block simply tells Oracle Forms to fetch all of the records for that block instead of only the number of records specified in the Query Array Size (QAS) property.  If the QAS size is 10 and the QAR is NO, the Forms will only return 10 records.  However, if QAS is 10 and QAR is Yes - then Forms will return ALL records for that block.

You will need to look at each data block and check the Query Allowed property to ensure it is set to Yes.  My guess is that this property is "Yes" from some of your blocks and "No" for the others.

Hope this helps.

Craig...

• 3. Re: Not allowing to query for all blocks.
    Andreas Weiden Guru

Maybe did you start a query in the first block which isn't successful? If so, you are still in EnterQuery-mode and cannot navigate to other blocks.

• 4. Re: Not allowing to query for all blocks.
    Vijetha Explorer

Thank you CraigB.

I have set query allowed property of all blocks to 'Yes'. I'm able to query only on the fields of 'Master block'. But not able to query on fields of other blocks.

There are 5 blocks in form, i.e.  Block1,  Block2,  Block3,  Block4 & Block5.

All the blocks belong to 5 different tables i.e. Table1, Table2, Table3, Table4 & Table5.

There are various & different columns in all the tables except one column which is common to all the tables i.e. 'Id No'.

Block1 is a master block.

If i click on any of the fields of 'master block', enter data in 1 field & execute, all the fields will get displayed.

But i'm not able to click on any of the fields of other blocks. i'm not able to type on any of the fields of other blocks. i'm not able to do a query on fields of other blocks.

I have set 'Query allowed' property to 'Yes'. What should i do?

• 5. Re: Not allowing to query for all blocks.
    Vijetha Explorer

I started query in first block which is a master block & the query is successful.But i should be able to click on any of the field of any block.

There are 5 blocks in form, i.e.  Block1,  Block2,  Block3,  Block4 & Block5.

All the blocks belong to 5 different tables i.e. Table1, Table2, Table3, Table4 & Table5.

There are various & different columns in all the tables except one column which is common to all the tables i.e. 'Id No'.

Block1 is a master block.

If i click on any of the fields of 'master block', enter data in 1 field & execute, all the fields will get displayed.

But i'm not able to click on any of the fields of other blocks. i'm not able to type on any of the fields of other blocks. i'm not able to do a query on fields of other blocks.

• 6. Re: Not allowing to query for all blocks.
    Vijetha Explorer

yes.

• 7. Re: Not allowing to query for all blocks.
    CraigB Guru

Andreas's suggestion that you might still be in EnterQuery-mode make a lot of sense.  When you put your Form into EnterQuery-mode - it enables you to execute a query against the block that has focus; all other blocks will not be navigable or queriable until you either cancel EnterQuery-mode or execute the query.  Based on your description - it really sounds like you are in EnterQuery-mode in your master block so your detail blocks would not be navigable.

Craig...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points