1 Reply Latest reply: Jul 3, 2013 7:34 AM by Jeff Smith Sqldev Pm-Oracle Branched to a new discussion. RSS

12c support?

Hi guys - this is a partial cross-post from here:

mods feel free to delete if necesary.

I am running SQL developer on database as follows:

BANNER                                                                               CON_ID
      -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- ----------
      Oracle Database 12c Enterprise Edition Release - 64bit Production              0
      PL/SQL Release - Production                                                    0
      CORE Production                                                                  0
      TNS for Linux: Version - Production                                            0
      NLSRTL Version - Production                                                    0

but it seems that it does not support plsql program components in the with clause:

as the example in the documentation here:

with function getdomain(v_email varcahr2) 
             return varchar2 
                v_domain varchar2(100);
                v_domain := regexp_replace(v_email,'.*@(.*)','\1');
                return v_domain;
      select email_address, getdomain(email_address)
        from customer_email
        where email_id = 8

this behaves as if it doesn't know the syntax, giving the error:

Error starting at line 1 in command:
      with function getdomain(v_email varcahr2) 
             return varchar2 
                v_domain varchar2(100)
      Error at Command Line:1 Column:6
      Error report:
      SQL Error: ORA-06553: PLS-103: Encountered the symbol "end-of-file" when expecting one of the following:
         := ; not null default character
      06553. 00000 -  "PLS-%s: %s"

Of note is that I'm connecting using an 11g client installed on my pc, would this make a difference?