1 6 7 8 9 10 Previous Next 146 Replies Latest reply: Oct 9, 2013 1:35 PM by jgarry Go to original post RSS
      • 120. Re: Update on site issues
        SomeoneElse

I like to take similar swipes at the Nazi Democrat party.

Especially around this time of the year when Americans gather to celebrate what remains of our freedoms.

Oh something forum related...oh yeah, on the main page of all the forums and categories, the short list of forums under each category should be sorted by popularity to bring them to the top.  Right now they don't appear to be sorted at all.

• 121. Re: Update on site issues
          Marwim

Especially around this time of the year when Americans gather to celebrate what remains of our freedoms.

Celebrating NSA?

• 122. Re: Update on site issues
            Dave Rabone

Brilliant ... That radical new concept of bookmarks or favorites.

In a similar vein, the excessive screen real estate used by the logos etc on tablet devices is simply resolved (on iPad at least) by rotating the device through 90 degrees.

• 123. Re: Update on site issues
              BrianPa

BillyVerreynne wrote:

When I, as  an interested observer of the USA's politics, can take a snide swipe at the Taliban Republican party, I find it exceedingly hard not to do so. Er.. as the sentence itself, proves.

Sorry...

Now Billy... Twitter is the place for random swipes at other countries' politics, not here, but we all know that

• 124. Re: Update on site issues
                BrianPa

DaveRabone wrote:

Brilliant ... That radical new concept of bookmarks or favorites.

In a similar vein, the excessive screen real estate used by the logos etc on tablet devices is simply resolved (on iPad at least) by rotating the device through 90 degrees.

I think it actually looks great on my Nexus 7 tablet, even in normal portrait orientation.  I'm not sure why but I like the look better on my tablet than I do on a PC.  Maybe because I'm more used to seeing this kind of design in mobile, social-oriented apps on there and I don't do any of that on a real machine. 

• 125. Re: Update on site issues
                  Maroof Ahmad

Keep updating and implementing new things.

At all real testing only can do here.

Maroof

• 126. Re: Update on site issues
                    jgarry

The new google groups has an interesting Display Density list of values:

Auto

Comfortable

Cozy

Compact

• 127. Re: Update on site issues
                      Howard (... in Training)

I find the new search capability a joy to use.  It actually finds things!   I seem to be forgetting the features I miss(ed) from the former forum instantiation.  When you can search and find threads some of those features seem not so critical anymore. -- Howard

• 128. Re: Update on site issues
                        susieesf

Hi,

I'm still having problems with my username.

I get this error when I try to change my username: Invalid username/email. Please enter a value in an email format.

I'm going to Edit Profile & Privacy > Edit Username > Change Username (top right next to change password and logout)

Thanks

• 129. Re: Update on site issues
                          PhHein

What are you trying to change, currently you're trying to change your username for the login. If you want to change

• 130. Re: Update on site issues
                            jgarry

Another minor niggle in the data transform from old to new:

I noticed in a post I made that serial_direct_read became <span style="text-decoration: underline;">serial</span>direct_read (as seen in page source, so it winds up looking like serialdirect_read).  Not such a great thing for init.ora parameters.

• 131. Re: Update on site issues
                              BluShadow

You mean old posts from before the upgrade?

A lots of code and text formatting was screwed up.  I had to go back and edit some of my old articles etc. to reformat them (and that was a challenge with the buggy editor I can tell you!) 

• 132. Re: Update on site issues
                                jgarry

Yes, I meant to say older posts.

• 133. Re: Update on site issues
                                  jgarry

Off and on, I've had the site appear to lock up.  For example, on the communications screen, I click on any of the list on the left side of the screen, and nothing at all happens.  Using the browser reload appeared to fix the issue temporarily (Firefox 22.0 on XP).

Today, I see things like Loading... that never finishes, and nothing appearing to happen with the comment button when replying, except the comment button isn't clickable.  Reloading in the latter situation, I don't see my comment, unless I click on the "show earlier" link.

• 134. Re: Update on site issues
                                    PhHein

XP?! The last century just called and wanted their OS back

1 6 7 8 9 10 Previous Next