1 Reply Latest reply: Jul 4, 2013 6:35 PM by SAML. RSS

deinstall a RAC cluster nodes with error --- hostname changed, ip/vip all ip changed.

I have a question regarding deinstall our oracle home and rac home.

We recently moved a RAC two nodes cluster (with data) to a new location. The rac nodes ip/vip/gateway and hostname changed. and now I tried to deinstall ORACLE RDBMS HOME first, and then deinstall rac cluster home.

I had error as following:

####################### CHECK OPERATION SUMMARY #######################

Following RAC listener(s) will be de-configured: LISTENER,LISTENER_SCAN3,LISTENER_SCAN2,LISTENER_SCAN1

The following databases were selected for de-configuration : CONFTST,CONFPLTS

Database unique name : CONFTST

Storage used : ASM

Database unique name : CONFPLTS

Storage used : ASM

No Enterprise Manager configuration to be updated for any database(s)

No Enterprise Manager ASM targets to update

No Enterprise Manager listener targets to migrate

Checking the config status for CCR

p-oracle09 : Oracle Home does not exists, but CCR is configured

p-oracle10 : Oracle Home does not exists, but CCR is configured

CCR check is finished

A log of this session will be written to: '/u01/app/oraInventory/logs/deinstall_deconfig2013-07-03_07-56-13-PM.out'

Any error messages from this session will be written to: '/u01/app/oraInventory/logs/deinstall_deconfig2013-07-03_07-56-13-PM.err'

############# ORACLE DEINSTALL & DECONFIG TOOL END #############

By look at the err log, I found out following:

1. java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:592)

at oracle.install.db.deinstall.wrapper.clusterDeconfig.callCheckImpl(clusterDeconfig.java:1029)

at oracle.install.db.deinstall.wrapper.clusterDeconfig.main(clusterDeconfig.java:477)

Caused by: oracle.ops.util.FatalException: Exited from Program.[ Error: CLUSTER_NODES doesn't contain the LOCAL_NODE. Correct the CLUSTER_NODES and start the DeInstall tool again ]

at oracle.install.db.deinstall.core.NodeLivlinessCheck.setRemoteNodes(NodeLivlinessCheck.java:242)

at oracle.install.db.deinstall.core.CheckInstall.checkConfig(CheckInstall.java:414)

... 6 more

Here p-oracle09/10 are previous hostname before moving. the current host names are p-neworacle09/10.  How do I get to remove all the previous RDBMS, ASM and CLUSTERS successfully so I can rebuild those clusters?

Thanks in advance.