10 Replies Latest reply: Jul 10, 2013 1:34 PM by GovindVenu RSS

Can we create Project related Sales Order in Order Management?

Dear All,

Can we create Project related Sales Order in Order Management?

Regards
      Bharath
        • 1. Re: Can we create Project related Sales Order in Order Management?
          Dina Rotem
          Hi

Yes, you can create sale orders in Order Management, which are linked to project. This functionality depends on setting up the inventory organization also as a Project Manufacturing classification.
          You should follow the implementation steps as described in Oracle Project Manufacturing Implementation Guide.
          Once the setup is complete, you will be able to create a sale order, and on each of the order lines you can see the fields to enter project and tasks.

Dina
          • 2. Re: Can we create Project related Sales Order in Order Management?
            Hi Dina,

Thanks a lot!!

Regards
            Bharath
            • 3. Re: Can we create Project related Sales Order in Order Management?
              nani.krishna
              wanted to add a point to Dina. After performing Project Manufacturing setups,
              you need to have project parameters set for the project you are looking for it in Order management
              Define the project
              Enable the project parameters for the Inventory organization that you are looking for the project where shipment to be performed
              in the LOV at OM order line at Others tab you will find the project number

Best Regards
              Krishna
              • 4. Re: Can we create Project related Sales Order in Order Management?
                Dina,

Please suggest a workaround to capture project details on Sales Order and process it onto invoicing, in the absence of project manufacturing. I understand that we can reverse interface the Sales to AR Invoice back to Projects to capture revenue...but client is not willing to take up this custom interface....please suggest other work arounds

Appreciate your help in this regard.

Best regards,
                • 5. Re: Can we create Project related Sales Order in Order Management?
                  Dina Rotem
                  Hi

I understand you are not implementing PJM.
                  I assume you want to generate invoices and revenue in Projects Billing, based on deliverables made out of OM.

Here is my suggestion -

In OM:
                  Setup a DFF on sale order header (or line) to capture the project number.
                  You need to disable the workflow that transfer transactions from OM to AR.

In Projects:
                  Develop a billing extension that will select OM shipments associated with sale orders (or sale orders lines) having the DFF value of the project in process. The billing extension will create a billing and revenue event for each shipment transaction with the value of quantity multiplied by unit price. The event date will be the shipping transaction date.

The above concept assumes you have entered agreement and funded the project. If appropriate you might consider customizing the creation of agreements based on sale orders value.

Dina
                  • 6. Re: Can we create Project related Sales Order in Order Management?
                    nani.krishna
                    Hi
                    I would agree with Dina here, we had similar scenario , created DFF at sales order line level, used Billing Extension, also at Agreement level, inturn we also have had a DFF at Expenditures level to make sure the sales order number populated at Expenditures

Best Regards
                    Krishna
                    • 7. Re: Can we create Project related Sales Order in Order Management?
                      Thanks so much Dina and Krishna.

But, how about returns..do i have to create an event out of RMA order lines? I guess a -ve event in this case.

Will this create a credit memo in AR in that case of material returns...please confirm

On the other hand, will it be a bad idea to think of generating invoice into AR from standard Sales Order flow and then creating revenue and billing events to generate revenue and draft invoice in project billing ?

Please let me know the adverse effects out both the above scenarios

Regards,

Edited by: 987520 on Feb 12, 2013 12:06 PM

Edited by: 987520 on Feb 12, 2013 12:09 PM
                      • 8. Re: Can we create Project related Sales Order in Order Management?
                        nani.krishna
                        Your customization should handle both scenarios, ideally if the order line level DFF has Project details should be considered

Make sure for project related orders in OM, create new order types which are ship only for regular orders and for RMA receipt only workflow order line types,

I would recommend to create AR Invoices from Projects rather than from OM to AR for project related orders

Billing extension should create billing events or if it is a fixed billing event, create manual events with predefined dates in the Billing events window and set a DFF flag when to make sure to process and create Invoices

Best Regards
                        Krishna
                        • 9. Re: Can we create Project related Sales Order in Order Management?
                          user12197222

Hi Dina,

I have similar problem & I want to generate invoices and revenue in Projects Billing, based on shipping transaction made out of OM.I have implemented PJM, so no question of capturing of project & task.

As solution suggested by you:

"In Projects:
                          Develop a billing extension that will select OM shipments associated with sale orders (or sale orders lines) having the DFF value of the project in process. The billing extension will create a billing and revenue event for each shipment transaction with the value of quantity multiplied by unit price. The event date will be the shipping transaction date".

Please elabrote more on above suggested solution.From where billing extension will select OM shipments associated with sales order?

Thanks & Regards,

Haresh

• 10. Re: Can we create Project related Sales Order in Order Management?
                            GovindVenu

Hi haresh,

Please let me know how you solution the issue mentioned. I am just thinking of creating automatic billing event when shipping happen thru API. (drop me a mail on venugovind@gmail.com)

Dina, How to use billing extension to identify the items are shipped.

Thanks

Govind