2 Replies Latest reply: Aug 22, 2013 11:12 AM by DRMRocks RSS

DRM property setup from a Hierarchy

kirannch

Hi All,

I am new to DRM, i need to setup a property as below, please suggest any one if you know the solution.

I have 4 hierachies

A Hierarchy with child nodes a1, a2, a3

B Hierarchy with child nodes b1, b2, b3

C Hierarchy with child nodes c1, c2, c3

D Hierarchy with child nodes d1, d2, d3

Now i have created a property Definition with name 'C' and i want to attach C hierarchy from above to this property, means when i want to update a value for C property against any node in any hierarchy, i have to see only children nodes of C hierarchy.

Ex: If i want to update the property values for Hierarchy A nodes a1, a2 and a3 against property C.

i want to see only c1, c2 and c3 as list. the list should be come from C hierarchy only. why because the new value will be add regularly to this hierarchy.

this should not be done with defined -> list option.

If any one knows the solution, please suggest.

Thanks in advance.

Kiran

• 1. Re: DRM property setup from a Hierarchy
          sheilaO

This sounds like a report with a filter.  Populate C hierarchy nodes with an inherited (for example) property 'C' and then create a report that uses a property filter to include all hierarchy top nodes but only nodes with the property 'C.'

• 2. Re: DRM property setup from a Hierarchy
            DRMRocks

Kiran,

Create a Property of Data Type AscNode, let's name it as for example: Test

Create a derived property with parameters as below ,

If(NodeInHier(Propvalue(Custom.Test),Hierarchy-C),True, False)  --here we are checking whether the user selected value is part of Hierarchy 'C' or not.

Now create a Validation of class  "Property equals value"  and use the TEST property part of Property to Check and use False as value to check.

Wish it helps,

-Murali