3 Replies Latest reply: Jul 5, 2013 10:14 PM by Satya Ranki Reddy RSS

Usage tracking question

Mano

Dear All

We are migrating now from 10g to 11g and now we want to check what are the reports which are not used for more than 6 months in each different shared folder , so that we can remove them from that shared folder and store it somewhere else as there are huge number of reports created by various users in each shared folder but are not used by them anymore.

Now using Usage tracking , how can we find this out? Can someone please help me out on this asap?

Your help on this is much appreciated.

Regds
      Mano

• 1. Re: Usage tracking question
          Satya Ranki Reddy

HI Mano,

You can try below method.

Create two reports.

1. Select -- dashboard page (Column) then give to filter like last 6 months --- this report will give only what are the reports executed in database for last six months.

2. Create second report.

Select -- dashboard page then apply the filter is above report and put it condition like not equal to dashboard page. --- This will give output like what are the reports or not used for last six months.

Hope this help’s

Thanks,

Satya Ranki Reddy

• 2. Re: Usage tracking question
            Mano

Hi Satya

Thanks a lot for your reply. I created two reports as said by you. First one  , with the column "Month" , i selected last six months and the report is showing what are the reports ran for last six months in 2013 , now coming to 2nd report. I didnt understood what do you meant by "filter is above report" .. i didnt get that filter anywhere , how can i select this filter ? Also in the same report , you again wanted me to select the dashboard page and in the filter you wanted me to select "not equal to" dashboard page .. do i have to select the first report here in this column? I guess i need to select two dashboards here right? Please eloborate on this as i am not able to understand clearly on this.

Thanks a lot again for your time on this.

Regds
            Mano

• 3. Re: Usage tracking question
              Satya Ranki Reddy

HI Mano,

>now coming to 2nd report. I didnt understood what do you meant by "filter is above report" .. i didnt get that filter anywhere , how can i select this filter ? Also in the same report , you again wanted me >to select the dashboard page and in the filter you wanted me to select "not equal to" dashboard page .. do i have to select the first report here in this column? I guess i need to select two >dashboards here right? Please eloborate on this as i am not able to understand clearly on this.

Open your second report in the filter tab--> There is a option like filter saved request  here you have to call 1st report and put the condition like not equal to report name column. You will get  output like what are the reports are not used for last six months.

Hope this help's

Thanks,

Satya