As u know, once we are fetching employee dimension it also brings other dimension like, address,gender, email and so on and so forth. it also first lots data to w_employee_DS then it loads to w_employee_d table. so i have 2 options
1- to customizes current workflow (mapping and mapplet)
2- to build new Mapplet and Mapping
my confusion are
a) if i follow option 1 then which workflows ,mappings and Mapplets i have to changes and what would be impact ?
b) IF I follow option 2 then what would happen to old mapplets, mapping and workflows which updates w_employee_d table?
Don't change OOTB' smappings,better to go with second option.
1)create one customized folder in informatica for SDE mapping and one folder for SIL mapping.
2) Copy SDE employee tasks to customized SDE folder and SILOS employee tasks to Customized SILOS folder.
3) Better to rename all mappings,mapplets and workflows in customized folder.
3) And do same in workflow manager.....
4) Add your 'information 14' column from SDE mappings then SIL mappings.
Let me know if you have any doubts.
1) Can you tel me from which source table (EBS) that 'information 14' column is coming.
2)Go to SDE_ORA_EmployeeDimension, in this mapping you can find 3 mapplets.
3)Open mplt_BC_ORA_EmployeeDimension mapplet, in this mapplet you can find source tables of EBS and drag that new column to source qualifier...and drag that column to staging table (W_employee_ds).
4)In SIL open SIL_Employeedimension and update that newly entered record to target.
5)Make sure that new column should be in datawarehouse tables..staging and target check those tables in dac and add that column for both staging and target.
6)After making changes to these customized mappings ...take care of workflows , copy OOTB's workflows to customized folder.
7)Register these workflows in DAC.
8) synchronize that task and assemble that subject area.
let me know if you still facing any issues.