This discussion is archived
12 Replies Latest reply: Jul 6, 2013 11:51 AM by fe9edfbd-71ed-4634-a822-f90c2ebd8e92 RSS

oracle  Virtual Desktop Infrastructure 3.5   vda-config  error  why

999890 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
os oracle linux 6.3

Review the settings for a new Oracle VDI Center:
Name: VDI Center
Administrator Password: ********
VDI Administrator (super-user): root
DNS name of this host: localhost.localdomain
Maximum number of sessions on this host: 100
User ID range start: 150000
Database: Embedded Oracle VDI

Do you want to create the Oracle VDI Center now? Enter 'c' to customize the settings. ([y]/c): Yes

System Configuration
+ Creating new instance of Common Agent Container (vda)...
Common Agent Container (vda) created.
Setting ports to Common Agent Container (vda):
jmxmp-connector-port=0; commandstream-adaptor-port=11173; rmi-registry-port=11174.
+ Common Agent Container (vda) is reachable at localhost.localdomain:11174
+ Setting properties for Common Agent Container (vda)...
Property updated: [jdmk-home].
Setting java-home to /opt/SUNWvda/java
cacao: set nss-lib-home=/usr/lib
cacao: set nss-tools-home=/usr/bin
Setting parameters to Common Agent Container (vda): java-flags=-Dfile.encoding=utf-8 -Xms4M -Xmx256M -XX:MaxPermSize=128M
Setting additional log filter for Common Agent Container (vda): com.sun.vda=ALL
Setting additional log filter for Common Agent Container (vda): audit=null
+ Enabling Common Agent Container (vda) at system boot...

Oracle VDI Center Agent Configuration
+ Stopping Common Agent Container (vda)...
+ Deploying center agent module in Common Agent Container (vda)...
Module descriptor /etc/opt/SUNWvda/com.sun.vda.Center_Module.xml registered to Common Agent Container (vda).
+ Restarting Common Agent Container (vda)...
Signing of the CSR for the agent failed: certutil: bad certificate request : The certificate was signed using a signature algorithm that is disabled because it is not secure. certutil: unable to create cert (The certificate was signed using a signature algorithm that is disabled because it is not secure.)
Key generation with NSS fails. Retrying without NSS...
Common Agent Container (vda) started.
pinging center agent .Cannot connect to agent: Cannot find suitable value for the JMXMP connector port: Parameter not found in runtime configuration
Daemon is running but not available. Try again as it might be starting.
Error:
The configuration of Oracle VDI 3.5 has failed.

Edited by: 996887 on 2013-3-28 下午7:39
  • 1. Re: oracle  Virtual Desktop Infrastructure 3.5   vda-config  error  why
    999972 Newbie
    I am also seeing the same issue when trying to configure a new installation of OVDI 3.5 on RHEL 6.3.

Module descriptor /etc/opt/SUNWvda/com.sun.vda.Center_Module.xml registered to Common Agent Container (vda).
    Signing of the CSR for the agent failed: certutil: bad certificate request : The certificate was signed using a signature algorithm that is disabled because it is not secure. certutil: unable to create cert (The certificate was signed using a signature algorithm that is disabled because it is not secure.
    pinging center agent .Cannot connect to agent: Cannot find suitable value for the JMXMP connector port: Parameter not found in runtime configuration
    Error:

See the log file '/var/log/vda-config.2013_03_28_15:04:19.log' for additional information.
  • 2. Re: oracle  Virtual Desktop Infrastructure 3.5   vda-config  error  why
    1000115 Newbie
    Same problem: Oracle Linux 6.3 , full updated, VDI 3.5

Signing of the CSR for the agent failed: certutil: bad certificate request : The certificate was signed using a signature algorithm that is disabled because it is not secure. certutil: unable to create cert (The certificate was signed using a signature algorithm that is disabled because it is not secure.)
    Error:
  • 4. Re: oracle  Virtual Desktop Infrastructure 3.5   vda-config  error  why
    1000115 Newbie
    please could you tell us what the solution is? I still haven't installed VDI
  • 5. Re: oracle  Virtual Desktop Infrastructure 3.5   vda-config  error  why
    1000523 Newbie
    The solution is in disabling firewall: /etc/init.d/iptables stop
  • 6. Re: oracle  Virtual Desktop Infrastructure 3.5   vda-config  error  why
    user11391721 Newbie
    997520 wrote:
    If that fixes it then it will likely be a temporary fix until the next reboot... The command is something like "chkconfig iptables off" to keep it from coming back on when you reboot...
  • 7. Re: oracle  Virtual Desktop Infrastructure 3.5   vda-config  error  why
    1000523 Newbie
    user11391721 wrote:
    997520 wrote:
    If that fixes it then it will likely be a temporary fix until the next reboot... The command is something like "chkconfig iptables off" to keep it from coming back on when you reboot...
    Are you kidding me?
    Please read official documentation carefully:
    2.2.7. Network Requirements (is to disable firewall only for installation and configuration purposes)
    Here it is:
    http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E36500_01/E36503/html/firewalls.html
  • 8. Re: oracle  Virtual Desktop Infrastructure 3.5   vda-config  error  why
    user11391721 Newbie
    I am not even sure why this VDI question is in the "Oracle VM Server for x86 Forum"....

Maybe the OP or a Moderator should move this to "Virtual Desktop Infrastructure and SunRay Clients".

Sorry, my comment was a general caution one that if you are having a Firewall conflict and taking the firewall down addresses it then the general comment was/is that the firewall will come back up when you restart unless you disable or properly configure the firewall.

If yours is a temporary need only during install or config then the above may be fine and my caution isn't needed.

If you have an ongoing port or ports that need to be open then you need to configure the firewall to address them or turn it off... Properly configuring your firewall for your ongoing need (if you have one) is the better way obviously...

I am not an expert on VDI and was only trying to help make sure the requester knew that the above command only lasted upon reboot... Sorry if I concerned you in the process...

It may also matter whether this is a PoC, Dev, Test, or Prod system as I didn't see any mention of that in the above. Generally in my PoC or Dev enviroments I turn off the firewall to rule it out until everything is working then I look to turn it on as I go to Test...

Again maybe this shouldn't be in this forum anyway as I actually thought this was a question related to OVM x86 (& Virtual Iron) & not VDI...

Edited by: user11391721 on Apr 3, 2013 12:26 PM added thoughts re Production or not... hopefully better help in the right forum... GL !
  • 9. Re: oracle  Virtual Desktop Infrastructure 3.5   vda-config  error  why
    rukbat Guru Moderator
    user11391721 wrote:
    I am not even sure why this VDI question is in the "Oracle VM Server for x86 Forum"....

Maybe the OP or a Moderator should move this to "Virtual Desktop Infrastructure and SunRay Clients".
    Again maybe this shouldn't be in this forum anyway as I actually thought this was a question related to OVM x86 (& Virtual Iron) & not VDI...
    Moderator Action:
    Thread moved, as suggested.
  • 10. Re: oracle  Virtual Desktop Infrastructure 3.5   vda-config  error  why
    DoesNotCompute Newbie
    Hi Folks,

Please do read the Linux requirements list in the documentation carefully:

http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E36500_01/E36503/html/vdi-requirements.html#vdi-requirements-linux

You need to set the yum repository correctly so as to not install newer RPM updates that are not supported by VDI, you need to disable the firewall and SELinux. If you adhere to all these requirements, you should not have this problem.

Regards,

Ryder
  • 11. Re: oracle  Virtual Desktop Infrastructure 3.5   vda-config  error  why
    fe9edfbd-71ed-4634-a822-f90c2ebd8e92 Newbie

Hello,

I am also getting similar error when configuring VDI 3.5 on OEL 6.3, i've cross checked that firewall and selinux is disabled and been using the yum configuration file provided in getting started guide. The installation when fine but its failing during configuration with below error

Error:

I've tried it many time , even tried to a fresh installed and still getting the same error. Any tips on what is going wrong ?

-Brijesh

• 12. Re: oracle  Virtual Desktop Infrastructure 3.5   vda-config  error  why
    fe9edfbd-71ed-4634-a822-f90c2ebd8e92 Newbie

never mind, it turned out that my DNS server does not had entry for hostname hence failing to resolve the host name. After adding entry in DNS for my vdi host, i could install VDI 3.5 without any issue.

-B

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points