4 Replies Latest reply: Jul 8, 2013 4:35 AM by user5847428 RSS

Row Selection Indicator in Grid Properties

user5847428

Hi,

I am trying to set the Grid Properties (Use tab) - Row Selection Indicator through Component Interface Peoplecode.

Is it possible to achieve this. I have the Multiple Row (check box) option selected.

• 1. Re: Row Selection Indicator in Grid Properties
          HakanBiroglu

What is it that you want to do with this after achieving it?

Keep in mind that although CI represent components, the handling is different in PeopleCode.

In a component accessed through PIA I can image that you want to use the Row.Selected property to catch which rows a user has selected. But when working with a CI, you (the programmer) are the one that is populating the data through PeopleCode so you know what data/rows you are modifing.

Regards,

Hakan

• 2. Re: Row Selection Indicator in Grid Properties
            user5847428

there will be many more rows in the grid.  I just want to choose one product and add it to the contract lines through CI. This action will happen when i perform a Apply push button.

• 3. Re: Row Selection Indicator in Grid Properties
              HakanBiroglu

As far as I have understood now, you have page in PeopleSoft with a Grid.

The user selects a row and you want the data from this row to be passed to a Component Interface?

And you a facing difficulties with catching with row is selected by the user?

You have to elaborate a bit more the process flow you want to achieve and at which part you are encountering difficulties.

• 4. Re: Row Selection Indicator in Grid Properties
                user5847428

Hi Hakan,

I am trying to create contract (Create/Amend) through CI based web service.  My request xml will have the essential details to create a contract. I am trying to add contract lines to an existing contract.

As far as I have understood now, you have page in PeopleSoft with a Grid. - Yes

The user selects a row and you want the data from this row to be passed to a Component Interface? - No. The user selection itself should happen via CI. Based on this selection, the contract lines should be added.