3 Replies Latest reply on Jul 8, 2013 1:52 PM by Jani Rautiainen-Oracle

ESS Job Definition and Testing

I have defined a ESS Job definition in Jdeveloper using the Using Oracle JDeveloper to Generate an Oracle Enterprise Scheduler Application - 11g Release 1 (11.1.1.6.1) and other supporting docs.

The roles attached in the Access control and already available in the jazn file.

I have edited the Resource Bundle and added the details for the new Job Definition.But unable to select the same in the Display Name Resource Key & Description Resource Key.

I have build the Ear file and deployed it in integrated weblogic server. But I'm unable to see the new job the in the Scheduled Process list.

Any help will be highly appreciated...

Thanks,

• 1. Re: ESS Job Definition and Testing
          Jani Rautiainen-Oracle

Can you elaborate the issue that you are encountering; i.e. is the issue that your resource bundle is not visible in the "Select Text Resource" UI on the "Display Name Resource Key" field in the "Localization" section of the job definition ?

If so did you add your resource bundle to your project "Application -> Project Properties -> Resource Bundle -> Bundle Search -> Bundle List" ? If the bundle is visible, but you cannot select a value can you confirm which JDeveloper role you are using and what are the exact steps to reproduce.

If the issue is related on how to create a resource bundle refer to Internationalizing and Localizing Pages for more information, otherwise please elaborate on the issue..

--

Jani Rautiainen

Fusion Applications Developer Relations

https://blogs.oracle.com/fadevrel/

• 2. Re: ESS Job Definition and Testing

Thanks for the reply.

I had not added the Resource Bundle present in another project to this project Bundle list.

Once added, I was able to select.

I have another question.

In the Access Control section, I have added 2 roles, which are already present in the jazn-data.xml file.I select them, give the roles & when I save the job, I'm getting an error.

I have checked out the jazn-data.xml file present in my view. But the job is referring to jazn-data.xml file present in another location which is read only.

So I'm unable to save the job definition.

Also My main issue is The job I created & deployed in weblogic server is not visible in the ESS Testing UI.(http://localhost:7101/essUi/faces/EssUIShell)

P.S Pls let me know if I have to raise this as another question.I'll do the same.

• 3. Re: ESS Job Definition and Testing
              Jani Rautiainen-Oracle

Since the issues are not really related, can you create a new thread(s) for each specific issue so we can keep threads "clean" for other readers.

Also can you provide detailed steps on how to reproduce the issue and details of the error that you see ?

--

Jani Rautiainen

Fusion Applications Developer Relations

https://blogs.oracle.com/fadevrel/