This discussion is archived
10 Replies Latest reply: Jul 9, 2013 9:35 AM by Michael Armstrong-Smith RSS

need steps and script to shutdown/start Weblogic components - Discoverer 11g

user558643 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated

Hello Guys,

I have installed Discoverer 11 on the same server as EBS 12i with rdbms 11g. I having a hard time stating Discoverer components successfully without having a

"Failure of server APACHE bridge:

No backend server available for connection: timed out after 10 seconds or idempotent set to OFF or method not idempotent." when I launch the URL - http://ofintest.corp.ph.com:8090/discoverer/plus

It seems as if for me to successfully get Discoverer running, I have to start the different components in the Weblogic Server Administration console - Oracle Fusion Middleware 11g

Can someone give me the steps and full scripts to shutdown/start all Weblogic components - forms, reports, discoverer, etc?

Thanks

Mathias

• 1. Re: need steps and script to shutdown/start Weblogic components - Discoverer 11g
    Michael Armstrong-Smith Oracle ACE

Mathias

I can definitely help you with this. First of all, are you using Linux or Windows?

Michael

• 2. Re: need steps and script to shutdown/start Weblogic components - Discoverer 11g
    user558643 Newbie

I am using OEL - linux 6:

uname -a

Linux ofintest.corp.ph.com 2.6.32-100.28.5.el6.x86_64 #1 SMP Wed Feb 2 18:40:23 EST 2011 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

Thanks

Mathias

• 3. Re: need steps and script to shutdown/start Weblogic components - Discoverer 11g

Mathias

There are 4 steps to getting everything working. These are:

1. Start the WebLogic Admin Server
    2. Start the WebLogic Node Server
    3. Start the Discoverer Server
    4. Start the Discoverer OPMN Components

Each in turn now:

Starting the WebLogic Admin Server:

1. Open a command window
    2. Navigate to the bin folder for WebLogic here: $MIDDLEWAREHOME/user_projects/domains/ClassicDomain/bin
    3. Execute startweblogic.sh
    4. When prompted for username and password your username is typically Weblogic, password is known only to who installed it
    5. When you see a message saying something like Server is in RUNNING mode it is up and running

With Admin Server running, start the WebLogic Node Server

1. Open a command window
    2. Navigate to the Node Manager bin folder here: $MIDDLEWAREHOME/wlserver_10.3/server/
    3. Execute startnodemanager.sh
    4. When you see message saying something like Secure socket listener started on Port 5556 it is running

With Admin Server and Node Manager running, start the Discoverer Server

1. Open a browser
    2. Launch Admin Console using address like this: http://myserver.com:7001/console
    3. When prompted for username and password your username is typically Weblogic, password is known only to who installed it
    4. Under Environment, click on Servers, the Summary of Servers screen will open
    5. You should see a server called WLS_DISCO in SHUTDOWN state
    6. Click on the Control tab
    7. Click in the check box alongside the Discoverer Server – the buttons above the server listing have now become active
    8. Click on the Start button
    9. When prompted by the Server Life Cycle Assistant, click the Yes button
    10. The State will change to STARTING and the Status of Last Action will change to TASK IN PROGRESS
    11. Click on the Refresh button to monitor the progress of the task - it looks like two arrows side by side in a circle and is above and to the left of the server lists
    12. When the task is done the State will change to RUNNING and the Status of Last Action will change to TASK COMPLETED
    13. Close the browser, you can also stop the Web Logic Node Manager if you wish but make sure Web Logic Admin server is not shutdown

With Discoverer Server up and running, start the Discoverer OPMN Components

1. Open a command window
    2. Navigate to the OPMN bin folder here: $MIDDLEWAREHOME/asinst_1/bin
    3. Execute opmnctl startall
    4. To confirm that everything has started correctly, type the following: opmnctl status
    5. You should see that all services are Alive
    6. You can close the command window

Hope this helps

Michael

• 4. Re: need steps and script to shutdown/start Weblogic components - Discoverer 11g
    user558643 Newbie

Thanks Michael,

the steps are very clear and work for me so far - manually only. But I am having the errors when I try to use a script that will bring up discoverer when the machine reboots.

In my script I am getting

weblogic.security.SecurityInitializationException: Authentication for user  denied.

That is, I need all of these startup and shutdown commands in a single script that includes the password. Do you have a script to share with me?

thanks

Mathias

• 5. Re: need steps and script to shutdown/start Weblogic components - Discoverer 11g

Hi Mathias

You can't pass the password in a script but you can automate the passing of the credentials.

To automate the passing of your credentials, use the following workflow:

1. Either in an explorer window or from the command line navigate to the AdminServer folder under your Middleware directory

Thus, if your Middleware Home is located here: oracle/Middleware

The full path to your Admin Server will therefore be:
    $MIDDLEWARE_HOME/user_projects/domains/ClassicDomain/servers/AdminServer

1. Check whether you have a folder called security under AdminServer.
    2. If you do not have a folder called security, create it now.
    3. In the security folder create a text file called boot.properties. If you are doing this in Linux or Unix do not forget to set your access permissions and ownership.
    4. Edit boot.properties and in clear text enter the following 2 lines:
      username=<Your WebLogic username> usually WebLogic
      password=<Your WebLogic password>
    5. Save and Exit from boot.properties.
    6. Start or restart your WebLogic Server using the steps in the previous section
    7. You should no longer be prompted for your credentials

NOTE: During the startup sequence the WebLogic Server will encrypt the boot.properties file. If you need to change the login username or password again simply need to repeat the steps in this section and enter the credentials again in clear text

• 7. Re: need steps and script to shutdown/start Weblogic components - Discoverer 11g
    user558987 Newbie

I guess there should be a seperate boot.properties in

$MIDDLEWARE_HOME/user_projects/domains/ClassicDomain/servers/WLS_DISCO

One's we will start WLS_DISCO from prompt for first time, it will encrypt that boot.properties.

Regards

Sumit Sachdeva

• 8. Re: need steps and script to shutdown/start Weblogic components - Discoverer 11g

Hi Sumit

You do not need to have a boot.properties in the WLS_DISCO folder. You only need it in the location I mentioned, repeated here:

$MIDDLEWARE_HOME/user_projects/domains/ClassicDomain/servers/AdminServer/security

You may need to create the folder called security before you start.

Best wishes

Michael

• 9. Re: need steps and script to shutdown/start Weblogic components - Discoverer 11g
    user558987 Newbie

Ok. Thanks for giving clarity :-)

I actually created a boot.properties and it was encrytped on first login.. so I was under impression that .. it is being accessed by Oracle.

Since for Admin Server it didn't asked for password..however for WLS_DISCO it asked at first startup.

Regards

Sumit Sachdeva

• 10. Re: need steps and script to shutdown/start Weblogic components - Discoverer 11g

Hi Sumit

Yes it will get encrypted on first login. You can always change it again using clear text. The next login will encrypt it again.

Best wishes

Michael