There is a brand new site on MyOracleSupport that you should check out for this type of information. http://bit.ly/Install_Helper
Here is the open summary of the goals and resources avaiable on this site:
Welcome to the Install Helper for JD Edwards EnterpriseOne 9.1
This special type of knowledge document is provided to assist individuals or project teams with the process of performing an installation of JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Applications Release 9.1 on physical (i.e. non-virtualized) machines in an enterprise architecture capable of running the JD Edwards EnterpriseOne software on certified Operating Systems, using a certified database (or multiple certified databases from multiple vendors), and with other certified third-party software where necessary.
At a high level, the process of installing the JD Edwards EnterpriseOne 9.1 software will include completing the following steps:
- Preparing the operating environment (network, hardware, OS, RDBMS, etc.) to run the JD Edwards EnterpriseOne 9.1 software.
- Obtaining all required software.
- Installing the JD Edwards EnterpriseOne 9.1 software components.
- Configuring JD Edwards EnterpriseOne 9.1 for use.
- Extending a typical JD Edwards EnterpriseOne 9.1 installation to provide for additional features and functionality (LDAP for sign ons, Portal, Table Auditing, third-party software and device integrations, etc.).
- Testing JD Edwards EnterpriseOne 9.1 to ensure all necessary features and functionality perform as expected and needed, and to ensure user acceptance.
Note: If you and/or any members of your team are new to JD Edwards EnterpriseOne - including its installation and management - please work through the JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Installation Knowledge Path to learn more. The Knowledge Path is provided via the Oracle Learning Library, and offers knowledge and training content that is free for use as part of your support contract.
This document will therefore provide access to various forms of information to help enable and assist with the completion all of the steps listed above. Along the top of this document are six tabs that can be selected to access install-related information.
- The "Planning" tab provides an overview of what resources should be dedicated to an installation project along with an overview of preparing for the new installation.
- The "Install Resources" tab provides access to a specialized link generation tool that will assist with providing access to install and reference guides, relevant installation media and other software components provided by Oracle, supplemental information for configuring and extending the new installation, and access to troubleshooting knowledge that may prove useful as the install project progresses.
- The "Prevent & Resolve" tab will display information and links to knowledge resources that can raise awareness of known issues and how to prevent them from becoming a problem, and additional knowledge to help resolve any unforeseen issues encountered as the new install progresses.
- The "Testing" tab will share some information and provide some guidance regarding the "what" and "how" aspects of testing (surface, functional, load, UAT, etc.).
- Finally, the "Engage" tab will provide information regarding how to engage with Oracle installation specialists and industry peers to get quick answers to quick questions, and for knowledge sharing activities related to best practices for installation and other topics regarding the JD Edwards EnterpriseOne software.
This "Welcome" content can then be returned to if necessary by clicking on the "Welcome" tab while working with the content provided via any of the other five tabs. To get started, click on the "Planning" tab.