I am trying to install 12 c 126.96.36.199 on windows 2008 R2 server. The server has met the all prerequisites. But when I am trying to launch the installer it will disappear immediately without any error message. I check the installation log file there is no error about anything:
Using paramFile: D:\temp\12cCloud\em12103_winx64_disk1\oms\Disk1\install\oraparam.ini
Checking swap space: must be greater than 500 MB. Actual 3422 MB Passed
Checking monitor: must be configured to display at least 256 colors. Actual 65536 Passed
Any idea why it is happening ?
Hi, can you open an SR for this issue and share the number. Lets check few basic things:
a) can you make sure that all the zips are downloaded from OTN have correct byte and checksum information
b) Can you make sure that you unzipped all these zips files in a single folder
c) After unzipping can you check if you have following folders created ( not these folder are for linux but they will be same on windows) -
install libskgxn plugins response stage WT.zip
jdk oms runInstaller wls
d) Can you invoke setup.exe -debug
then look at the logs from -
C:\Users\aime\AppData\LocalTemp\2\OraInstall2013-07-09_04-10-59AM ( for windows it will be orInstaller.err and log )
Since there is nothing in logs, opening an Sr will help us to have a web conference with you and identify the issue.
Funny, I'm on exactly the same system with the same problem. I'm trying to get it worked out with Oracle support right now but have gotten nowhere so far. If you check the oraparam.ini file you'll see a reference to "JRE_LOCATION=../stage/Components/oracle.swd.jre/188.8.131.52.0/1/DataFiles", but in my case that directory does not exist. What's actually happening is there is a flash of the command box and it will tell you you have an invalid JRE Location, I had to use a video capture to get the message. If I try to point to a valid JRE location it still fails since it's looking for jar files to unzip for the install. I've confirmed good downloads twice of the zip files but it really just looks like Oracle left out a required directory. Anyway, please post solution when/if you find it. Thanks
Per the forum thread updates and the SR it looks like the bits were downloaded from OTN and the setup.exe was being run from the location oms\Disk1\install\setup.exe. This is incorrect. After all 3 OTN files are downloaded the installer would need to be run from the top-level directory where everything gets extracted, i.e., just extract all 3 zip-files under 1 directory and then run "setup.exe" without cd-ing into any directories.
Wow, it appears to be a Windows extract issue.
Posted to SR:
Solution found from a user on OTN after reviewing the SR. Not sure why but when I right click and chose "extract" the process builds a directory with the same name as the zip file, so after extraction of all three I have three same named directories and not the proper structure required to install. I chose to extract with 7-Zip instead and the correct directory structure was built with the "setup.exe" file separate and under "O:\tmp" and not under the "O:\tmp\em12103_win64_disk1\oms\Disk1\install" directory. I'm proceeding with the install.