This discussion is archived
1 Reply Latest reply: Jul 10, 2013 11:23 AM by Matt Sevin RSS

Define max & min instance

1001745 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated

Hi Experts,

I have a requirement in OPA to collect a minimum of 1 entity detail and up to maximum 7 entity details. Once user reaches 7 entities "Add Instance" button should get disabled. Is this possible?

Thanks,

Vinay

• 1. Re: Define max & min instance
    Matt Sevin Pro
    Currently Being Moderated

Assuming you are trying to stay on a single screen (i.e. not an approach in which only one entity instance is added per screen), then you could modify the velocity template.  Add a check to verify you are on the screen which is collecting the desired entities (i.e. screen name/title or custom field on screen) Depending on the exact behavior you are after, you could disable/hide the submit button until at least one instance has been added and also disable the add instance button once the maximum number has been reached. Another option is to leave all buttons as is and pick off the submit action, perform the check on number of instances and render a message (in a pop-up?) indicating the problem - i.e. prevent processing the submit action until the checks are satisfied.

After building a project, you can find the velocity templates in release\web-determinations\WEB-INF\classes\templates

Oracle Web Determinations Template Reference: Oracle Web Determinations Template Reference Guide

The velocity developers guide is available at: http://docs.oracle.com/html/E38272_01/Content/Technical%20Reference/Velocity_Templates_DG.htm

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points