5 Replies Latest reply: Jul 11, 2013 9:07 AM by Asif Muhammad Branched from an earlier discussion. RSS

Re: Delete the old files - request and log files

maylo

Hello everyone,

Did not want to open new topic just for one question, and I think this is the place to ask..

After cloning, if I run Purge Concurrent Request and/or Manager Data it only cleans out and req files for target system (new clone), and we still have <sourcesid>_<hostname> directory with logs of old, source instance. Can we delete these old files manually from OS?

• 1. Re: Delete the old files - request and log files

maylo wrote:

Hello everyone,

Did not want to open new topic just for one question, and I think this is the place to ask..

Not correct.   Hijacking someone elses's forum thread for your new inquiry is poor etiquette.   You are not helping the original poster but are concerned only with what YOU are experiencing in your system environment.

You post has now been branched away to stand on its own and to permit people to respond to YOU.

ALWAYS start your own new post for YOUR questions.   Add to someone else's thread ONLY if you are attempting to help THEM.

• 2. Re: Delete the old files - request and log files
            Asif Muhammad

Hi Maylo,

Can we delete these old files manually from OS?

Yes, You can delete...

Rather if you wish you could do a search from the Oracle base directory as <Source_SID>_<Source_hostname> (your source Context Name) and delete the directories.

Hope this Helps!

Best Regards,

• 3. Re: Delete the old files - request and log files
              maylo

rukbat,

Thank you for your instructions. I will try to keep up to it. Sorry for this  inconvenience.

BR, Maylo

• 4. Re: Delete the old files - request and log files
                maylo

Thank you for your quick reply, so if we make clone, then delete <Source_SID>_<Source_hostname> source directories, will we still be able to see concurrent reqs from old instances?

Thank you in advance for you reply

BR, Maylo

• 5. Re: Delete the old files - request and log files
                  Asif Muhammad

Hi Maylo,

The old concurrent requests are visible from the target instance with the help of the logs and output files in the INST_TOP

When cloning, INST_TOP is not a must copy  directory to  the target system. But if you don't copy you will not have the source log and output files on the newly cloned instance. Therefore, deleting the files in the INST_TOP will remove the request files in the application level.

Hope this helps,

Best Regards,