4 Replies Latest reply: Jul 12, 2013 9:47 AM by Ron M-Oracle RSS

Login Activity

Chris1
      Is there any audit records of who has accessed the application by module? For instance, the number of unique NPD users in the past 6 months?
        • 1. Re: Login Activity
          Trey
          Logins are recorded in the event logs on the server as informational logs. If you can capture those logs on a daily basis you can see how many users login.
          Hope that helps.
          • 2. Re: Login Activity
            Matt J
            forum cleanup. marked as assumed answered.
            • 3. Re: Login Activity
              Phaithoon

We also need to capture all log-in activity like Chris do, but capturing by using event logs is not 100 percent correct. I try to test with many user in remote area, we found that after they log-in to PLM. Event logs didn't record anything, but when i ask some colleague whom sit close to me, for login. I found that it's record correctly. I don't know why?

• 4. Re: Login Activity
                Ron M-Oracle

I'm not sure that I understand your scenario, or what you are saying isn't working. Can you explain?

Every time a user is logged in, a message gets added to the event log, like so:

User: <username> has logged in at <datetime>...

Are you not seeing that in the logs?

Otherwise, you could log an enhancement request, or perhaps even write a customization to the authentication strategy that does some custom logging of user logins.