This discussion is archived
6 Replies Latest reply: Jul 15, 2013 7:51 PM by Denzz RSS

DRM Sorting....

user507190 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated

DRM Experts....

I am using 11.1.2.2 DRM.  I am trying to SORT.  I know sorting in DRM is not elegant... In fact, it is downright ugly, I think.  I want to place a leaf level member above a limb (with children).  I have already done the following:

1.     Set the SortLimbsFirst system preference = False

2.     Set the StandardHierSort property = Core.SortOrder

3.     Made sure the hierarchy in question was using the StandardHierSort property

I tried to drag the leaf level member and drop it onto the correct parent - ABOVE the limb level member where I want it to appear.  Received the PUT dialog box and tried both moving the leaf level member to be a child or a sibling (in two different efforts, of course) - the member never moved.  Yes, I did a refresh.... nothing.  Does this functionality even work?

And recommendations, insight, tips would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

• 1. Re: DRM Sorting....
    Murali Pasumarti Journeyer

You should be able to Move the nodes where ever you wish to when the hierarchy has core.sortorder on it, please make sure while moving the nodes you select the option of put as a sibling and re-order, also keep an eye on the system category property 'Sort Order', it will get updated with values ranging from 0 to N depends on the no of children the node has.

• 2. Re: DRM Sorting....
    Denzz Explorer

You've done everything right, and as Murali also stated, You should be able to place the leaf member above the Limb Member under a given Parent. Not sure what is going wrong I tried doing what you are attempting and could do it without any effort at all.

One thing that you should be checking is, The Limb Member's Sort Order value if it is 0, then any new node you move in as its Sibling Or as Child Under its Parent will Default to a value Greater than 0. This is what I could gather of your situation.

Thanks

Denzz

• 3. Re: DRM Sorting....
    user507190 Newbie

Thank-you both for replying.  Glad to know my actions and thought process are accurate!  Could I ask what IE browser you are using or if you are using IE at all?  Since this release is using the new web client, I suspect browser versions will place a major role in any weird functionality type issues.

Thanks!

• 4. Re: DRM Sorting....
    Murali Pasumarti Journeyer

It works for me in both IE/Chrome, but most of the times IE is the culprit, give a try with Chrome.

• 5. Re: DRM Sorting....
    user507190 Newbie

Just to confirm, does the drag and drop work or do you need to 'take' and 'put'.  I am trying to reorder a combination of parent and leaf nodes under a specific parent and the drag and drop is not working.  Nor is the take and put.  However, if I manually change the Core.SortOrder value it works.  I just know my client is not going to be happy with the manual updates.  thoughts?  I have the same issue in IE and Mozilla.  Trying Chrome now.

Thanks!

• 6. Re: DRM Sorting....
    Denzz Explorer

I have been doing this on Firefox and it has worked for me... if you are having IE9 on a Win7 Machine.. you might face this issue.....I am not sure about Google Chrome.

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points