This discussion is archived
8 Replies Latest reply: Jul 16, 2013 12:24 AM by 972698 RSS

Dynamic Calc processor cannot lock more than [100] ESM blocks during the calculation, please increase CalcLockBlock setting and then retry(a small data cache setting could also cause this problem, please check the data cache size setting).

972698 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated

Hi,

Our Environment is Essbase 11.1.2.2 and working on Essbase EAS and Shared Services components.One of our user tried to run the Cal Script of one Application and faced this error.

Dynamic Calc processor cannot lock more than [100] ESM blocks during the calculation, please increase CalcLockBlock setting and then retry(a small data cache setting could also cause this problem, please check the data cache size setting).

I have done some Google and found that we need to add something in Essbase.cfg file like below.

1012704 Dynamic Calc processor cannot lock more than number ESM blocks during the calculation, please increase CalcLockBlock setting and then retry (a small data cache setting could also cause this problem, please check the data cache size setting).

Possible Problems

Analytic Services could not lock enough blocks to perform the calculation.

Possible Solutions

Increase the number of blocks that Analytic Services can allocate for a calculation:

1. Set the maximum number of blocks that Analytic Services can allocate to at least 500. 
    1. If you do not have an $ARBORPATH/bin/essbase.cfg file on the server computer, create one using a text editor.
    2. In the essbase.cfg file on the server computer, set CALCLOCKBLOCKHIGH to 500.
    3. Stop and restart Analytic Server.
  2. Add the SET LOCKBLOCK HIGH command to the beginning of the calculation script.
  3. Set the data cache large enough to hold all the blocks specified in the CALCLOCKBLOCKHIGH setting. 

Actually in our Server Config file(essbase.cfg) we dont have below data  added.

CalcLockBlockHigh 2000

CalcLockBlockDefault 200

CalcLockBlocklow 50

So my doubt is if we edit the Essbase.cfg file and add the above settings and restart the services will it work?  and if so why should we change the Server config file if the problem is with one application Cal Script. Please guide me how to proceed.

Regards,

Naveen

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points