This discussion is archived
2 Replies Latest reply: Jul 16, 2013 3:38 PM by MSK RSS

apex listener and images alias

MSK Explorer
Currently Being Moderated

Hi

I am trying to configure apex listener (2.x) on top of weblogic server.  Followed the steps as per the documentation and no errors here. But when I try to login I get a blank page. In the log file I see page 404 errors. I think the problem is my alias is 'apex_images' and not 'i' and I used the following syntax to make apex_images as the image location.

jar -cvf apex_images.war --context-path /apex_images /app/of1_tch/r12/apps/apps_st/comn/java/classes/oracle/apps/media/apex_images/  static  /app/of1_tch/r12/apps/apps_st/comn/java/classes/oracle/apps/media/apex_images/

I see these type of messages in the log file

172.20.201.149 - - [08/Jul/2013:18:08:26 -0700] "GET /apex_images/css/apex_builder_ie_4_1.min.css HTTP/1.1" 404 1164

172.20.201.149 - - [08/Jul/2013:18:08:26 -0700] "GET /apex_images/css/apex_ie_4_1.css HTTP/1.1" 404 1164

I checked Article ID 1453632.1 and the steps are not of much help in this case.

Oracle analyst says I should 'i' for alias. I can use it. But 'apex_images' should also work because it is a configurable parameter.

Any ideas on how to proceed further?

Thank you

Kumar

• 1. Re: apex listener and images alias
    tread Explorer

When you installed APEX (or upgraded) did you specify apex_images as the directory in the install command?

If not, you can always update the images prefix for the application builder utilizing the reset_image_prefix.sql script.

http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E21611_01/doc.11/e21058/trouble.htm#BABJBJHG

There were a few changes in 4.2.2 on how applications handle the images prefix.

http://joelkallman.blogspot.com/2013/05/image-prefix-changes-in-oracle.html

Per Joel:

What has changed in APEX 4.2.2 and Later

Upon upgrade to Application Express 4.2.2 or application of the 4.2.2 patch set, the image prefix attribute of applications will be set to null if their value is equal to the instance-wide image prefix.  In the simplest example, if the instance-wide image prefix is /i/ and your application's image prefix attribute is /i/, the application attribute will be set to null in 4.2.2.

If you try to edit the image prefix application attribute and set it to the instance-wide image prefix (e.g., /i/), it won't be saved and it will be null.  Only if you change it to something other than the instance-wide image prefix will a non-null value be saved.

The utility script to adjust the image prefix instance-wide setting, apex/utilities/reset_image_prefix.sql, now only adjusts the instance setting and nothing more.  No image prefix application attributes are touched.  It's unnecessary, because a null image prefix application attribute means "use the setting of the APEX instance".

Ricker

• 2. Re: apex listener and images alias
    MSK Explorer

Hi

When I did the following it works

jar -cvf apex_images.war -C  /app/of1_tch/r12/apps/apps_st/comn/java/classes/oracle/apps/media/apex_images .

This which I did originally did not work.

jar -cvf apex_images.war --context-path /apex_images /app/of1_tch/r12/apps/apps_st/comn/java/classes/oracle/apps/media/apex_images/  static  /app/of1_tch/r12/apps/apps_st/comn/java/classes/oracle/apps/media/apex_images/

Because my images alias was not 'i' and it was 'apex_images', I used --context-path variable to define the location of my images. But it did not work as intended (or my understanding of --context-path is incorrect).

Can you tell what I am missing ?

Thank you

Kumar

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points