This discussion is archived
5 Replies Latest reply: Jul 18, 2013 10:05 PM by PawanKumar630817 RSS

Oracle Payroll - Balance Feeds

5d85b004-86ed-45c2-8b1b-91af12c30555 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated

I'm new to Oracle Payroll module. .Please could anyone tell me how to find all the elements associated with balance feeds.

Many Thanks.

• 1. Re: Oracle Payroll - Balance Feeds
    PawanKumar630817 Newbie

You can go to Manage Balance Definitions screen in Payroll Calculation Work Area. Search for your balance and then go to Balance Feeds region. It will show you all the elements there.

• 2. Re: Oracle Payroll - Balance Feeds

Thanks, it gives me a good starting point. The full picture is that I need to do some reporting on the Database that stores the entries in these fields. Without having any access to the front-end screens, I've now got to check in the DB to see if I can trace back to the screens.

Follow up Q then: Does anyone know which tables these screens correspond to?

Many thanks.

• 3. Re: Oracle Payroll - Balance Feeds
    PawanKumar630817 Newbie

The database objects associated are:-

PAY_BALANCE_TYPES_VL - Stores balance data

PAY_ELEMENT_TYPES_VL - Stores element data

PAY_INPUT_VALUES_VL - Stores input values for element types

PAY_BALANCE_FEEDS_F - This table stores balance and their element feeds

• 4. Re: Oracle Payroll - Balance Feeds

Thank you so much for your response.

I am now in a position to elaborate my requirement, if I may.

When the "Full Payment Submission" FPS Oracle process is kicked-off, it is generating a standard report in PDF format that is giving us the Final balances e.g., taxable pay ptd, taxable pay ytd, student loan ptd, student loan ytd.

However, our users are interested in getting these figures at, say, monthly level broken down by the individual elements and compare them to the ytd or ptd figures. Is there any way to achieve this?

Eg1., For the current period,

the taxable pay ptd should equal

(taxable pay element 1 + taxable pay element 2 + ....  taxable pay element n)  for the period

Eg2., If year begins in Jan and current month is Mar,

student loan ytd should equal

(student loan element 1 + student loan element 2 + ... + student loan element m) for Jan +

(student loan element 1 + student loan element 2 + ... + student loan element m) for Feb +

(student loan element 1 + student loan element 2 + ... + student loan element m) for Mar

Please could you let me know which tables I can get this level of detail from?

I'm investigating the following tables

1) PAY_RUN__RESULTS_VALUES

2) PAY_ASSIGNMENT_ACTIONS

3) The relevant balance and feeds tables

but have had little joy matching the values from these tables with the ones generated by the standard report. Please could anyone let me know if I'm on the right path?

I would be grateful for any help, assistance or pointers.

Appreciate any help.

Sincerely,

• 5. Re: Oracle Payroll - Balance Feeds
    PawanKumar630817 Newbie

By seeing the table name PAY_ASSIGNMENT_ACTIONS, it seems you are using EBS Payroll and not Fusion Payroll. If it's so, please close this forum entry and post your query on EBS forum.

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points