This discussion is archived
9 Replies Latest reply: Jul 23, 2013 2:44 AM by Abbas85 RSS

Passing parameter from one page to another

Abbas85 Explorer
Currently Being Moderated

Hi All,

On requisition page there is a ResultsTableRN which contains number of columns like:

Select: i.e check box , Requisition : which shows requisition number, Description : which shows a description of requisition's item and so on...

That table also contain on top as well as on bottom the pannel of 4 buttons  those are Copy to cart , Cancle Requisition , Change and Complete

below are the objects that page have:

/oracle/apps/icx/por/reqmgmt/webui/ReqSummaryPG

CO  :  ResultsTableCO  and  ReqSummaryCO    oracle.apps.icx.por.reqmgmt.webui

VO  :  oracle.apps.icx.por.reqmgmt.server.MyReqsVO    MyReqsVO

here my task is when user select any requisition from table and click on any of button then I want to capture that or save that requisition's requisition_header_id

in CO....for that I am extending ResultsTableCO and I have to write code in pfr() to capture this.

here my question is how can I capture the requisition's requisition_header_id in CO's PFR()  ???

After selecting or save or capture this selected requisition's requisition_header_id then I will used it in :

/oracle/apps/icx/por/req/webui/ShoppingCartPG page this is the page where the navigation goes after clicking on any of button.

this page contains

Co : ShoppingCartCO

VO :PoRequisitionLinesVO  and view Attribute: ItemDescription

oracle.apps.icx.por.req.webui.ShoppingCartCO

oracle.apps.icx.por.req.server.PoRequisitionLinesVO..

here my task is I gonna extend ShoppingCartCO CO  and in its PR()  I need to use that captured requisition's requisition_header_id.

How can I use that requisition's requisition_header_id into this page????

This ShoppingCartPG page also conatins the table region with some columns like:

Line , Item Description , Special info, Unit , Quantity , Price, Amount(USD)

Now my task here is that I need to replace Item description text or values of  ShoppingCartPG page's new requisition_header_id with that captured requisition's requisition_header_id.

How can i achive this?

plz help me out..

Thanks

• 1. Re: Passing parameter from one page to another
    Sandeep Oracle Explorer

Hi Abbas85,

Here you go the sample code to pass parameter

In your controller code that directs the navigation to the subsequent page, you can add a hashmap that contains the parameters. Thus, if your navigation code looks like this, the hashmap contains the parameter:

// processFormRequest()

HashMap hm = new HashMap(1);

hm.put("myParam", "myParamVal");

oapagecontext.setForwardURL("MY_FUNCTION", (byte)0, null, hm, true, "N", (byte)0);

You can then retrieve this parameter in processRequest() via:

oapagecontext.getParameter("myParam")

Thanks

Sandeep

• 2. Re: Passing parameter from one page to another
    Abbas85 Explorer

HI..

I am using

if(pageContext.getParameter("Cancel") != null || pageContext.getParameter("Change") != null || pageContext.getParameter("Copy") != null)

{

OAApplicationModule oaapplicationmodule = pageContext.getApplicationModule(webBean);

OAViewObject vo = (OAViewObject)oaapplicationmodule.findViewObject("AllReqsVO");

Number ReqHeadreId = (Number)vo.getCurrentRow().getAttribute("RequisitionHeaderId");

pageContext.writeDiagnostics(this, "headerId value "+ ReqHeadreId, 1);

hm.put("HeaderId", ReqHeadreId );

pageContext.setForwardURL("ICX_POR_CHECKOUT_SUMMARY", (byte)0, null, hm, true, "N", (byte)0);

//throw new OAException("In buttons control",OAException.ERROR);

}

but when i click on any button then I am getting an error like:

oracle.apps.fnd.framework.OAException: java.lang.Exception: There is no current requisition.  Checkout cannot proceed.

at oracle.apps.fnd.framework.OAException.wrapperInvocationTargetException(OAException.java:975)

at oracle.apps.fnd.framework.server.OAUtility.invokeMethod(OAUtility.java:211)

at oracle.apps.fnd.framework.server.OAApplicationModuleImpl.invokeMethod(OAApplicationModuleImpl.java:708)

at oracle.apps.icx.por.common.webui.ClientUtil.invokeMethod(ClientUtil.java:971)

at oracle.apps.icx.por.common.webui.PorBaseCOImpl.invokeMethod(PorBaseCOImpl.java:204)

at oracle.apps.icx.por.common.webui.PorBaseCOImpl.executeServerCommand(PorBaseCOImpl.java:122)

at oracle.apps.icx.por.req.webui.CheckoutSummaryCO.executePrepareForDisplay(CheckoutSummaryCO.java:156)

at oracle.apps.icx.por.req.webui.CheckoutSummaryCO.processRequest(CheckoutSummaryCO.java:106)

at r2i.oracle.apps.icx.por.req.webui.JDSUCheckoutSummaryCO34.processRequest(JDSUCheckoutSummaryCO34.java:47)

at oracle.apps.fnd.framework.webui.OAWebBeanHelper.processRequest(OAWebBeanHelper.java:587)

at oracle.apps.fnd.framework.webui.OAWebBeanContainerHelper.processRequest(OAWebBeanContainerHelper.java:247)

at oracle.apps.fnd.framework.webui.OAPageLayoutHelper.processRequest(OAPageLayoutHelper.java:1136)

at oracle.apps.fnd.framework.webui.beans.layout.OAPageLayoutBean.processRequest(OAPageLayoutBean.java:1569)

at oracle.apps.fnd.framework.webui.OAWebBeanHelper.processRequestChildren(OAWebBeanHelper.java:959)

at oracle.apps.fnd.framework.webui.OAWebBeanHelper.processRequestChildren(OAWebBeanHelper.java:926)

at oracle.apps.fnd.framework.webui.OAWebBeanHelper.processRequest(OAWebBeanHelper.java:646)

at oracle.apps.fnd.framework.webui.OAWebBeanContainerHelper.processRequest(OAWebBeanContainerHelper.java:247)

at oracle.apps.fnd.framework.webui.beans.form.OAFormBean.processRequest(OAFormBean.java:385)

at oracle.apps.fnd.framework.webui.OAWebBeanHelper.processRequestChildren(OAWebBeanHelper.java:959)

at oracle.apps.fnd.framework.webui.OAWebBeanHelper.processRequestChildren(OAWebBeanHelper.java:926)

at oracle.apps.fnd.framework.webui.OAWebBeanHelper.processRequest(OAWebBeanHelper.java:646)

at oracle.apps.fnd.framework.webui.beans.OABodyBean.processRequest(OABodyBean.java:353)

at oracle.apps.fnd.framework.webui.OAPageBean.processRequest(OAPageBean.java:2348)

at oracle.apps.fnd.framework.webui.OAPageBean.preparePage(OAPageBean.java:1747)

at oracle.apps.fnd.framework.webui.OAPageBean.preparePage(OAPageBean.java:511)

at oracle.apps.fnd.framework.webui.OAPageBean.preparePage(OAPageBean.java:432)

at _oa__html._OA._jspService(_OA.java:84)

at oracle.jsp.runtime.HttpJsp.service(HttpJsp.java:119)

at oracle.jsp.app.JspApplication.dispatchRequest(JspApplication.java:417)

at oracle.jsp.JspServlet.doDispatch(JspServlet.java:267)

at oracle.jsp.JspServlet.internalService(JspServlet.java:186)

at oracle.jsp.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:156)

at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:588)

at oracle.jsp.provider.Jsp20RequestDispatcher.forward(Jsp20RequestDispatcher.java:162)

at oracle.jsp.runtime.OraclePageContext.forward(OraclePageContext.java:187)

at _oa__html._OA._jspService(_OA.java:94)

at org.apache.jserv.JServConnection.processRequest(JServConnection.java:456)

at org.apache.jserv.JServConnection.run(JServConnection.java:294)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:736)

## Detail 0 ##

java.lang.Exception: There is no current requisition.  Checkout cannot proceed.

at oracle.apps.icx.por.req.server.CheckoutSummarySvrCmd.prepareReqSummaryVOForDisplay(CheckoutSummarySvrCmd.java:314)

at oracle.apps.icx.por.req.server.CheckoutSummarySvrCmd.prepareForDisplay(CheckoutSummarySvrCmd.java:188)

at oracle.apps.icx.por.req.server.CheckoutSummarySvrCmd.executeMethodByName(CheckoutSummarySvrCmd.java:84)

at oracle.apps.icx.por.req.server.CheckoutInfoBaseSvrCmd.execute(CheckoutInfoBaseSvrCmd.java:118)

at oracle.apps.icx.por.common.server.PorBaseAMImpl.executeServerCommand(PorBaseAMImpl.java:122)

at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor163.invoke(Unknown Source)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:37)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:611)

at oracle.apps.fnd.framework.server.OAUtility.invokeMethod(OAUtility.java:190)

at oracle.apps.fnd.framework.server.OAApplicationModuleImpl.invokeMethod(OAApplicationModuleImpl.java:708)

at oracle.apps.icx.por.common.webui.ClientUtil.invokeMethod(ClientUtil.java:971)

at oracle.apps.icx.por.common.webui.PorBaseCOImpl.invokeMethod(PorBaseCOImpl.java:204)

at oracle.apps.icx.por.common.webui.PorBaseCOImpl.executeServerCommand(PorBaseCOImpl.java:122)

at oracle.apps.icx.por.req.webui.CheckoutSummaryCO.executePrepareForDisplay(CheckoutSummaryCO.java:156)

at oracle.apps.icx.por.req.webui.CheckoutSummaryCO.processRequest(CheckoutSummaryCO.java:106)

at r2i.oracle.apps.icx.por.req.webui.JDSUCheckoutSummaryCO34.processRequest(JDSUCheckoutSummaryCO34.java:47)

at oracle.apps.fnd.framework.webui.OAWebBeanHelper.processRequest(OAWebBeanHelper.java:587)

at oracle.apps.fnd.framework.webui.OAPageLayoutHelper.processRequest(OAPageLayoutHelper.java:1136)

at oracle.apps.fnd.framework.webui.beans.layout.OAPageLayoutBean.processRequest(OAPageLayoutBean.java:1569)

at oracle.apps.fnd.framework.webui.beans.form.OAFormBean.processRequest(OAFormBean.java:385)

at oracle.apps.fnd.framework.webui.beans.OABodyBean.processRequest(OABodyBean.java:353)

at oracle.apps.fnd.framework.webui.OAPageBean.processRequest(OAPageBean.java:2348)

at oracle.jsp.provider.Jsp20RequestDispatcher.forward(Jsp20RequestDispatcher.java:162)

java.lang.Exception: There is no current requisition.  Checkout cannot proceed.

at oracle.apps.icx.por.req.server.CheckoutSummarySvrCmd.prepareReqSummaryVOForDisplay(CheckoutSummarySvrCmd.java:314)

at oracle.apps.icx.por.req.server.CheckoutSummarySvrCmd.prepareForDisplay(CheckoutSummarySvrCmd.java:188)

at oracle.apps.icx.por.req.server.CheckoutSummarySvrCmd.executeMethodByName(CheckoutSummarySvrCmd.java:84)

at oracle.apps.icx.por.req.server.CheckoutInfoBaseSvrCmd.execute(CheckoutInfoBaseSvrCmd.java:118)

at oracle.apps.icx.por.common.server.PorBaseAMImpl.executeServerCommand(PorBaseAMImpl.java:122)

at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor163.invoke(Unknown Source)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:37)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:611)

at oracle.apps.fnd.framework.server.OAUtility.invokeMethod(OAUtility.java:190)

What would be the reason?

• 3. Re: Passing parameter from one page to another
    SumitSharma Expert

The Error Message: "There is no current requisition.  Checkout cannot proceed." looks to be a functional error message generated by the application. Please check the source of validation which might be triggerring it. It looks to be an unhandled exception to me. If standard message, then find the message code by running a query in fnd_new_messages and then you can search on message code to check the possible places from where the message might be getting triggerred.

You can check these line numbers as well:

Regards

Sumit

• 4. Re: Passing parameter from one page to another
    Abbas85 Explorer

Hi Sumit thanks once again...

Now I have changed my query ,

below code for passing parameter but when I click on any of button navigation goes to direct that page where I receive parameters It skips pages between these two pages....

if(pageContext.getParameter("Cancel") != null || pageContext.getParameter("Change") != null || pageContext.getParameter("Copy") != null)

{

OAApplicationModule oaapplicationmodule = pageContext.getApplicationModule(webBean);

OAViewObject vo = (OAViewObject)oaapplicationmodule.findViewObject("AllReqsVO");

Number ReqHeadreId = (Number)vo.getCurrentRow().getAttribute("RequisitionHeaderId");

pageContext.writeDiagnostics(this, "headerId value "+ ReqHeadreId, 1);

String forwardToPage = "/oracle/apps/icx/por/req/webui/ShoppingCartPG";

hm.put("HeaderId", ReqHeadreId );

pageContext.forwardImmediately("OA.jsp?page=" + forwardToPage,

null, // Function name

KEEP_MENU_CONTEXT,

null, // Menu name

hm,

true, // Retain AM

ADD_BREAD_CRUMB_REPLACE);

}

I think the issue is with  " pageContext.forwardImmediately" it nevigate directly to that page....

but In my case there is another page between these two pages i.e. warning page...

So how can i go through page wise?

this code running perfect but skipping pages.....

String Variable = (String)pageContext.getParameter("HeaderId");  using to capture Hash value..

Thanks...

• 5. Re: Passing parameter from one page to another
    SumitSharma Expert

Apologies if I did not understand the requirements clearly.

You can dynamically create a Warning Page (OADialog Page: Please check the implementation in Dev guide) and create the ok buttons. I am assuming that no function based page is specifically created as warning page. Based on form events on these buttons, you should write code in controller to navigate to page. As of now since there is no instruction to navigate to warning page, system is skipping it.

Regards

Sumit

• 6. Re: Passing parameter from one page to another
    Abbas85 Explorer

HI Sumit,

Thanks for reply...

You mean to say that I should call that warning page I CO?

If Call that warning page in co then how should I maintain that captured value for nxt page after warning page?

• 7. Re: Passing parameter from one page to another
    SumitSharma Expert

If your warning Page is a dialog page (which it should be) then you dont need to worry about it. In case it isn't and you dont have a choice to move to Dialog page, then pass the parameters to Warning Page first and then pass it on to the next Page. Alternately if the AM is being retained, you can also save the values in TransactionTransientValues and avoid the need to pass parameters at all. But in this case remember to remove the TransactionTransientValues after the purpose is served.

Regards

Sumit

• 8. Re: Passing parameter from one page to another
    SumitSharma Expert

Hi Abbas,

You marked your own mail as correct answer.

Anyways let me know how did you finally resolve the issue. This should be good for all those accessing the thread.

Regards

Sumit

• 9. Re: Passing parameter from one page to another
    Abbas85 Explorer

I used set session , put session and remove session...

Thanks..for you help

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points