This discussion is archived
1 2 3 Previous Next 35 Replies Latest reply: Jul 21, 2013 12:27 AM by ;) ApPsMasTi ;) Go to original post RSS
  • 15. Re: AutoConfig is exiting with status 1 And ORACLE error 6502 in afpodbinit
    Hussein Sawwan-Oracle Employee ACE
    Currently Being Moderated
    stat := fnd_profile.SAVE ('FND_APPS_INIT_SQL', ' ', 'Site');

The API is correct but you need to update the value at the application and responsibility levels -- How to Change Profile Option Value Without Forms? [ID 943710.1]

Thanks,

Hussein

• 16. Re: AutoConfig is exiting with status 1 And ORACLE error 6502 in afpodbinit
    974057 Newbie

Thanks for the response. Hussein,

It is Still NOt updating according to modified Code that you suggested

Please see this

DECLARE

stat   BOOLEAN;

BEGIN

DBMS_OUTPUT.DISABLE;

DBMS_OUTPUT.ENABLE (100000);

IF stat

THEN

DBMS_OUTPUT.put_line ('Stat = TRUE - profile updated');

ELSE

DBMS_OUTPUT.put_line ('Stat = FALSE - profile NOT updated');

END IF;

COMMIT;

END;

/

OUTPUT :  Stat = FALSE - profile NOT updated

PL/SQL procedure successfully completed.

Please suggest what am i missing here.

Thanks

Priya

• 17. Re: AutoConfig is exiting with status 1 And ORACLE error 6502 in afpodbinit

Because you are trying to update at the Site level as you see in the quoted code.

Thanks,

Hussein

• 18. Re: AutoConfig is exiting with status 1 And ORACLE error 6502 in afpodbinit
    974057 Newbie

I tried with this too but got the same output

DECLARE

stat   BOOLEAN;

BEGIN

DBMS_OUTPUT.DISABLE;

DBMS_OUTPUT.ENABLE (100000);

stat := fnd_profile.SAVE ('FND_APPS_INIT_SQL', ' ', 'Application');  OR with this stat := fnd_profile.SAVE ('FND_APPS_INIT_SQL', ' ', 'Responsibility' );

IF stat

THEN

DBMS_OUTPUT.put_line ('Stat = TRUE - profile updated');

ELSE

DBMS_OUTPUT.put_line ('Stat = FALSE - profile NOT updated');

END IF;

COMMIT;

END;

/

Could you please tell the excact code as am unable to figure it out.

Thanks

Priya

• 19. Re: AutoConfig is exiting with status 1 And ORACLE error 6502 in afpodbinit

Priya,

Please see this link for examples on how to use this API to update profile options a the application and responsibility levels -- http://sanjaimisra.blogspot.com/2008/05/fndprofilesave-example.html

Thanks,

Hussein

• 20. Re: AutoConfig is exiting with status 1 And ORACLE error 6502 in afpodbinit
    974057 Newbie

Hi Hussein,

Thanks for the Link,

It is turning out to be quite a Task for me as am unable to put the required Value in the code  As still I am not clear or confused as how  to find the

l_resp_id ,   , l_resp_app_id variable VALUES    FROM fnd_responsibility as As there are MUltiple Values for responsibility_id.  for profile options 'FND_APPS_INIT_SQL

Please see the following.

SQL> select APPLICATION_ID from fnd_profile_options where PROFILE_OPTION_NAME='FND_APPS_INIT_SQL';

APPLICATION_ID

--------------

SQL> SELECT responsibility_id FROM fnd_responsibility where APPLICATION_ID='0';

RESPONSIBILITY_ID

-----------------

---------

--------

Can you please suggest how to put those Values into this Code, as In order to Remove the value of profile option ' Initialization SQL Statement - Custom' or ('FND_APPS_INIT_SQL')

SET SERVEROUTPUT ON SIZE 1000000

DECLARE

l_resp_id NUMBER;

l_resp_app_id NUMBER;

l_success BOOLEAN;

BEGIN

--

-- This will set value of profile option '('FND_APPS_INIT_SQL',' at site level to NULL

--

l_success := FND_PROFILE.save

( x_name => ''FND_APPS_INIT_SQL'

, x_value => ' '

, x_level_name => 'SITE'

, x_level_value => NULL

, x_level_value_app_id => NULL

) ;

IF l_success

THEN

DBMS_OUTPUT.put_line('Profile Updated successfully at site Level');

ELSE

DBMS_OUTPUT.put_line('Profile Update Failed at site Level. Error:'||sqlerrm);

END IF;

--

-- This will set value of profile option 'FND_APPS_INIT_SQL'at Application level to 1

--

( x_name =>''FND_APPS_INIT_SQL'

, x_value => 1

, x_level_name => 'APPL'

, x_level_value => NOT SURE  OF WHAT to PUT IT HERE  PLEASE SUGGEST

) ;

IF l_success

THEN

DBMS_OUTPUT.put_line('Profile Updated successfully at Application Level');

ELSE

DBMS_OUTPUT.put_line('Profile Update Failed at Application Level. Error:'||sqlerrm);

END IF;

--

-- This will set value of profile option  at Responsibility level to 1

--

SELECT responsibility_id

, application_id

INTO l_resp_id

, l_resp_app_id

FROM fnd_responsibility

WHERE responsibility_key = 'Not Sure what to PUT it here Please suggest'

;

( x_name => 'FND_APPS_INIT_SQL''

, x_value => 1

, x_level_name => 'RESP'

, x_level_value =>  NOT SURE  OF WHAT to PUT IT HERE  PLEASE SUGGEST

, x_level_value_app_id => l_resp_app_id

) ;

IF l_success

THEN

DBMS_OUTPUT.put_line('Profile Updated successfully at Responsibility Level');

ELSE

DBMS_OUTPUT.put_line('Profile Update Failed at Responsibility Level. Error:'||sqlerrm);

END IF;

--

-- This will set value of profile option  'FND_APPS_INIT_SQL'' at User level to 1

--

( x_name => 'Not SUre what to PUT it here Please'

, x_value => 1

, x_level_name => 'USER'   Not Sure Please suggest

, x_level_value => 14304 -- Some User Id

) ;

IF l_success

THEN

DBMS_OUTPUT.put_line('Profile Updated successfully at User Level');

ELSE

DBMS_OUTPUT.put_line('Profile Update Failed at User Level. Error:'||sqlerrm);

END IF;

--

-- Commit is needed because this function will not commit

--

Commit;

END;

/

Thanks

Priya

• 21. Re: AutoConfig is exiting with status 1 And ORACLE error 6502 in afpodbinit
    974057 Newbie

Hi Hussein

Hope you 'll be doing good Despite my repeated attempts to Irritate you. And  Hope I don't succeed https://mail.google.com/mail/e/gtalk/328

Seeking your Valuable Advise and suggestions on the  Same Issue Again.

Since it is tuning out be tediuos or complicated process to update the FND_APPS_INIT_SQL profile options from backend.

so in order to get to the root cause of the Issue. OR to get some other Workaround  Here is the Detail Description of the Proccess

While trying to Integrate EBS R12.1 with OAM-OID 11g

I 've refferenced these note IDs Integrating Oracle E-Business Suite with Oracle Access Manager 11g using Oracle E-Business Suite AccessGate [ID 1309013.1]   876539.1

1304550.1, 876539.1,  

As it suggest to Apply Patch 8919489 to current EBS R12.1 home But It's Already there so I did Not apply any Patch to current EBS R12 home.

Wonder if there is any other Patch which need to be Applied to EBS R12.1 home as Both the Patch 7651166 & Patch 8919489 are already there in

EBS R12.1 home.

Do you think that I need to Apply any other Patch on EBS R12 before integrating it to OID-OAM ?

PLEASE see the TASK THAT I 'VE DONE ON BOTH THE SERVER

------------------------------

----------------------------------------
               The IDM 11g server:
           --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
         1. Installed 11.2.0.3 DB on OEL 6 64bit
        2. rcu version 11.6  created schema of OID & OAM,
        3. Installed Weblogic 10.3.6
        4. Installed IDM or rather OID 11.1.1.6 AND Oracle Access Manager 11.1.1.5 Software

Integrated OID with OAM there is No Issue with that as i can access the oamconsole from the User in OID. 

EBS R12 Server
       -------------------------
       1.  Installed EBS 12.1.1  OEL 6 64bit  with DataBase version 11.2.0.3

After registering the  EBS R12.1 Vision, DB version 11.2.0.3.0   with OID 11.1.1.6  successfully with  $FND_TOP/bin/txkrun.pl  
              Before that Registered EBS Instance with OID successfully

Once i updated  these profile options i.e  "Applications SSO Type" profile option to “SSWA w/SSO”  and“Applications SSO Login Types” profile option to   BOTH ,   AND

Applications SSO Auto Link User profile option to “Enabled” And “Applications SSO Enable OID Identity Add Event” profile option to “Enabled”.

And than it Require the EBS tier to be restarted Once i restarted it  Than the following  Issues  Occured.

1.  As i specified the provisiontype value to 1 which means that  the user that's got created in OID should be populated in fnd_user table in EBS But this is not happening

as the User that i 've created with the ODSM is not propagated to fnd_user table when i verified it with the following query

select USER_NAME, CREATION_DATE from fnd_user where creation_date > (SYSDATE - 1);

The Output : no rows selected

2.    The EBS Login page become inaccessible that is the Login Page goes blank

The  following errors which i 've already posted above  In the  ../oacore_default_group_1/application.log for Which you suggested to refer this
             ID 1109247.1] which Require to Remove the value of profile option ' Initialization SQL Statement - Custom'  which I could NOT Accomplish despite
             my Best Effforts AND YOur kind suggestions.

The Erros in ./oacore_default_group_1/application.log

13/07/15 02:00:02.455 html: chain failed

oracle.apps.fnd.common.AppsException: java.lang.NullPointerException: null Connection

at oracle.apps.fnd.profiles.Profiles.getProfileOption(Profiles.java:1509)

at oracle.apps.fnd.profiles.Profiles.getProfile(Profiles.java:362)

at oracle.apps.fnd.profiles.ExtendedProfileStore.getSpecificProfileFromDB(ExtendedProfileStore.java:211)

at oracle.apps.fnd.profiles.ExtendedProfileStore.getSpecificProfile(ExtendedProfileStore.java:171)

at oracle.apps.fnd.profiles.ExtendedProfileStore.getProfile(ExtendedProfileStore.java:148)

at oracle.apps.fnd.common.logging.DebugEventManager.configureUsingDatabaseValues(DebugEventManager.java:1294)

at oracle.apps.fnd.common.logging.DebugEventManager.configureLogging(DebugEventManager.java:1149)

at oracle.apps.fnd.common.logging.DebugEventManager.internalReinit(DebugEventManager.java:1118)

at oracle.apps.fnd.common.logging.DebugEventManager.reInitialize(DebugEventManager.java:1085)

at oracle.apps.fnd.common.logging.DebugEventManager.reInitialize(DebugEventManager.java:1072)

at oracle.apps.fnd.common.AppsLog.reInitialize(AppsLog.java:595)

at oracle.apps.fnd.common.AppsContext.initLog(AppsContext.java:593)

at oracle.apps.fnd.common.AppsContext.initializeContext(AppsContext.java:570)

at oracle.apps.fnd.common.AppsContext.initializeContext(AppsContext.java:524)

at oracle.apps.fnd.common.AppsContext.<init>(AppsContext.java:292)

at oracle.apps.fnd.common.WebAppsContext.<init>(WebAppsContext.java:1095)

at oracle.apps.fnd.sso.Utils.getAppsContext(Utils.java:539)

at oracle.apps.fnd.sso.SessionMgr.getCharSet(SessionMgr.java:3632)

at oracle.apps.fnd.sso.Utils.setRequestCharacterEncoding(Utils.java:229)

at oracle.apps.fnd.sso.AppsLoginRedirect.doGet(AppsLoginRedirect.java:295)

at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:743)

Please suggest what could be done here.

Thanks & Regards

https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/images/cleardot.gif

Priya

• 22. Re: AutoConfig is exiting with status 1 And ORACLE error 6502 in afpodbinit

You don't irritate me, and it just happened that I didn't see your previous update (sorry for that).

Do you think that I need to Apply any other Patch on EBS R12 before integrating it to OID-OAM ?

You need to apply the patches mentioned in MOS docs. If the patches are already applied then no more patches are required.

And than it Require the EBS tier to be restarted Once i restarted it  Than the following  Issues  Occured.

Can you revert back those updates, bounce the services and see if you can reproduce the issue?

What about home_url column?

The error you are getting in the application.log file is not clear enough to determine the cause of the issue, and the solution suggested in the note was only a workaround attempt to see if it helps or not. Anyway, what I would suggest for now is the following:

- Revert back the profile changes to the value before the issue occurred (if possible) and see if you can access the application

- If the above is not possible, then enable debug and check all log files for details about the error -- See (How to enable Apache, OC4J and OPMN logging in Oracle Applications R12 [ID 419839.1]) for details.

Thanks,

Hussein

• 23. Re: AutoConfig is exiting with status 1 And ORACLE error 6502 in afpodbinit
    974057 Newbie

Thanks for the response Hussein.   Please don't feel  Sorry as You  are Always been of Great Help to not only for me But to the Millions Oracle Pro,

Yes I 've updated the home_url in icx_sessions table after taking a backup of it.  Please see the following

SQL> select home_url from icx_sessions;

HOME_URL

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://ebs.oracle.com:8000/OA_HTML/AppsLogin

523 rows selected.

even though the home_url was present before in the xml file AND  icx_parameter table But it was not there in icx_sesssions table so as u suggested i've updated accordingly. 

But to NO Avail as the login page url is still getting BLANK.

Could you Please tell what are the Default Values to these Profile options so i could revert to the Old values As this is the Vision Instance. R12.1

1. Applications SSO Type profile option which is updated to Value  “SSWA w/SSO”   I don't know these profile options default values

2. Applications SSO Login Types profile option which is update  to   BOTH , Value

3.  Applications SSO Auto Link User profile option Updated  to “Enabled”  Vlaue

4. Applications SSO Enable OID Identity Add Event profile option update  to “Enabled”. Value

If you could suggest the Default values of the above profile options so i could revert. IT is a Vision DB. R12,1 (Single Node Installation of EBS R12 on RHEL 6)

Thanks !

Priya

• 24. Re: AutoConfig is exiting with status 1 And ORACLE error 6502 in afpodbinit

Thanks Priya,

Please find the default values below:

Applications SSO Type: SSWA

Applications SSO Login Types: Both

Applications SSO Auto Link User: NULL

Applications SSO Enable OID Identity Add Event: Disabled

Thanks,

Hussein

• 25. Re: AutoConfig is exiting with status 1 And ORACLE error 6502 in afpodbinit
    974057 Newbie

Hi Hussein,

Thanks for the response. 

If you could kindly see the Debug LOG files that I am mailing to you for your Perusal As I am not able decipher the Error messages.

I did revert the Changes in Profile options Value which i 've changed to the one that you suggested,  After Deregistering the EBS inst. with OID successfully.

But the Same Issue still exist. i 've also run the Autonconfig & restarted the Services But No Luck yet,  The EBS login Page is still getting Blank and that Autoconfig Error still exist.

Than i 've enbled the Debug for Apache , Oc4j, opmn.

I don't find any Specific Error in error_log file But I find this Specific Error in /logs/ora/10.1.3/j2ee/oacore/oacore_default_group_2/log.xml file along with some other Errors which are there in that log.xml files

Internal error raised tyring to instantiate web-application: ascontrol defined in web site OC4J 10g (10.1.3) Default Web Site. Application: ascontrol does not exist.
          Error creating Web application: ascontrol
         COMPONENT_ID>j2ee</COMPONENT_ID>
        <MSG_ID>J2EE HTTP-00004</MSG_ID>

I 've also tried to Access the following url

1. http://ebs.oracle.com:8000/OA_HTML/OA.jsp?OAFunc=OAHOMEPAGE

2.http://ebs.oracle.com:8000/OA_HTML/ServletPing

3. http://ebs.oracle.com:8000/OA_HTML/OAInfo.jsp

4. http://ebs.oracle.com:8000/OA_HTML/jsp/fnd/aoljtest.jsp

5.http://ebs.oracle.com:8000/forms/frmservlet

Out of the above url only these 3 give the following Error output. rest are successful including ../../aoljtest.jsp url

http://ebs.oracle.com:8000/forms/frmservlet

Output.    

500 Internal Server Error

Servlet error: An exception occurred. The current application deployment descriptors do not allow for including it in this response. Please consult the application log for details.

http://ebs.oracle.com:8000/OA_HTML/OA.jsp?OAFunc=OAHOMEPAGE

Output :

<PRE>Unable to create anonymous session. Your session is no longer valid. Oracle error 6502: java.sql.SQLException: ORA-06502: PL/SQL: numeric or value error: character to number conversion error ORA-06512: at &#34;APPS.FND_SESSION_MANAGEMENT&#34;, line 599 ORA-06512: at &#34;APPS.FND_AOLJ_UTIL&#34;, line 217 ORA-06512: at line 1 has been detected in createSession&#40;int, String,Hashtable&#41;&#40;userid=6&#39;,&#39;E17F915371B7E8A0E043067AA8C0084F11679255121974469262613048584188&#39;&#41;. </PRE>

Servlet error: An exception occurred. The current application deployment descriptors do not allow for including it in this response. Please consult the application log for details.

http://ebs.oracle.com:8000/OA_HTML/OAInfo.jsp

OUTPUT:

"This JSP is no longer supported. To view the information that this JSP provided, please log in to Oracle E-Business Suite, and select the About this Page link."

Please suggest.

Thanks

Priya

• 26. Re: AutoConfig is exiting with status 1 And ORACLE error 6502 in afpodbinit

Hi Priya,

I can't check my personal email at this moment (it's no longer attached to this account).

Meanwhile, can you please apply (Patch 5890966: INTERMITTENT ORA-06502 DURING PEAK LOADING) and see if it helps?

Thanks,

Hussein

• 27. Re: AutoConfig is exiting with status 1 And ORACLE error 6502 in afpodbinit
    974057 Newbie

Thanks for the response Hussein,

I tried to Apply the Patch But it FAiled with the following Error.

Verifying environment and performing prerequisite checks...

OPatch system modification phase did not start:

Patch "5890966" is not needed since it has no fixes for this Oracle Home

OUI-67035:System is intact, OPatch will not restore the system

Kindly suggest what should i do now..

Thanks!

Priya

• 28. Re: AutoConfig is exiting with status 1 And ORACLE error 6502 in afpodbinit

Priya,

Are you applying this patch to your RDBMS $ORACLE_HOME?

Thanks,

Hussein

• 29. Re: AutoConfig is exiting with status 1 And ORACLE error 6502 in afpodbinit
    974057 Newbie

Hussein ,

Yes As this is the Optach right. as the content of the Readme of the patch suggest.... Please correct,

some it are follwing

=========================================================================

Interim Patch for Base Bug: 5890966

=========================================================================

Date: Thu Jul 23 10:18:15 2009

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Platform Patch for      : Linux-x86-64

Product Patched         : ORCL_PF

Product Version #       : 10.2.0.2.0

RAC Rolling Installable : YES

Bugs Fixed by this patch:

-------------------------

5890966: INTERMITTENT ORA-06502 DURING PEAK LOADING

Patch Preinstall Steps

----------------------

1. For non-recommended patches, you must have the exact symptoms

described in the service request (SR).

2. Confirm the version of Perl installed and configured for the ORACLE_HOME.

Oracle requires that all customers have at least Perl 5.00503 installed

and configured for patching activities inside the ORACLE_HOME.  Follow

these steps to check the Perl version for the ORACLE_HOME being patched:

- source the ORACLE_HOME environment

- execute "perl -v"

- verify that the returned version of Perl is 5.00503 or higher

If the Perl configured for the ORACLE_HOME is not at 5.00503 or

higher, follow the directions in this metalink note to update to

a more recent version:

https://metalink.oracle.com/metalink/plsql/ml2_documents.showNOT?p_id=189489.1

3.  Verify the OUI Inventory.

If the command errors out, contact Oracle Support and work to validate

and verify the inventory setup before proceeding.

4.  Review and download the latest version of OPatch.

Oracle recommends that all customers be on the latest version of OPatch.

Please review the following metalink note and follow the instructions

to update to the latest version if needed:

https://metalink.oracle.com/metalink/plsql/ml2_documents.showNOT?p_id=224346.1

5.  Confirm executables appear in your system PATH.

The patching process will use the unzip and the opatch executables.  After

sourcing the ORACLE_HOME environment, confirm both of these exist before

continuing:

- "which opatch"

- "which unzip"

If either of these executables do not show in the PATH, correct the problem

before proceeding.

6.  Create a location for storing the unzipped patch.  This location

will be referred to later in the document as <PATCH_TOP>.

7.  Unzip the patch zip file into the <PATCH_TOP>.

unzip -d <PATCH_TOP> p5890966_10202_Linux-x86-64.zip

8.  Shut down services running from the ORACLE_HOME.

Before applying this patch, do a clean shut down of all services

running from the ORACLE_HOME.

----------------------------------------------

----------------------------------------

------------                                     

OPatch needs access to a valid OUI inventory to apply patches.

Validate the OUI inventory with the following command:

(a) In a non-RAC environment:

Shut down all services that are running from this ORACLE_HOME.

Confirm the return status from each shutdown command to verify

the shutdown is successful and there are no errors.

-----------------------------------

-----------------------------

Kindly suggest..

Thanks

Priya

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points