We want to upgrade our EBS database from 10.2.0.5 to 11gR2 latest version.
Can you please provide the DOC-IDS.
REferred a few , but its getting a bit confusing, it would be a great help if we get the exact onces which needs to be followed.
Current Setup Details
1. Oracle Applications EBS 188.8.131.52 on Linux x86
Database version - 10.2.0.5 on HP UX Itanium
Thanks... I will check the note and get back to you.
I have gone through the given note Interoperability Notes Oracle EBS 11i with Oracle Database 11gR2 (11.2.0) [ID 881505.1]
Please confirm is this the only note to be followed ?
I am asking so as i have been gone through a couple of other notes like
1) ID 1483864.1 - Upgrading Oracle E-Business Suite 11i Database to Oracle Database 11g with Physical Standby in Place
2) ID 1152016.1 - Master Note For Oracle Database Upgrades and Migrations
3) ID 729309.1 - Using Transportable Database to migrate Oracle E-Business Suite Release 11i Using Oracle Database 10g Release 2 or 11g Enterprise Edition
4) ID 837570.1 - Complete Checklist for Manual Upgrades to 11gR2
Hence just want to be sure before making the final action plan for upgrade.
Thanks & Regards,
Hi wellcome here
Pre – requisite for database conversion
Patch set for 10.2.0.2.5 should be installed
Time version must be >= 4
Install the Oracle 11g on another ORACLE_HOME
Note: We cannot upgrade the existing Oracle Home, since 11g is not a patchset. We have to install 11g oracle home as a separate ORACLE_HOME in parallel to 10g Oracle Home.
follow the below link
Thanks, Plz let me know are the steps given in link Step by Step Upgrading Oracle 10g to Oracle 11g | samadhandba similar for EBS Database as well.
We are using EBS 184.108.40.206 with 10.2.0.5DB.
We would be upgrading our DB from 10.2.0.5 to 11gR2