3 Replies Latest reply: Jul 18, 2013 9:56 AM by David Last-Oracle RSS

"Generate in DDL" checked back after Export DDL

alexberi

I have a table COUNTRY in a relational model with "Generate in DDL" flag unset. When I export the model with "File > Export > DDL File" the flag is set back and table is exported.

1) Is there a way to "convince" Data Modeler to leave the "Generate in DDL" flag unset and do not export the table?
      2) Is this a bug?

There is a Foreign Key to table COUNTRY with the "Generate in DDL" flag set, but I would say this should not change the flag.

• 1. Re: "Generate in DDL" checked back after Export DDL
          alexberi

I found the problem. When I do "File > Export > DDL File" , then Generate a small window shows with ticks for:

- Whole model

- - Assigned to Schemas

- - Not Assigned to Schemas

- - Schemas

- - Structured Types

- - Collection Types

All are selected and I only need to export objects "Not Assigned to Schemas". If I untick the "Whole Model" then I tick only "Not Assigned to Schemas" it will set all the tables/objects from the model, without using the "Generate in DDL" flag. More than this, it will set back the "Generate in DDL" flag for all objects in the model. Imagine that I have 100 objects into the model, how is to need to tick back the "Generate in DDL" flag for 30 objects of 100 all the time. This is an annoying bug if you agree.

• 2. Re: "Generate in DDL" checked back after Export DDL
            Kent Graziano

Could you generate your DDL based on a sub view and just not include the "don't generate" tables in the sub view?

• 3. Re: "Generate in DDL" checked back after Export DDL
              David Last-Oracle

Imagine that I have 100 objects into the model, how is to need to tick back the "Generate in DDL" flag for 30 objects of 100 all the time.

When you do a repeat DDL generation, those objects that were selected in the previous generation will initially be selected, and those objects that were deselected in the previous generation will initially be deselected.

So if you are wanting to generate the same set of objects each time, you should not need to make any changes on subsequent generations.

David