This discussion is archived
2 Replies Latest reply: Aug 7, 2013 2:33 PM by the_assface RSS

Using JRockit Mission control with weblogic 10, JRMC can't find my JVMs.

821733 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi All,

I'm running multiple WLS 10.1 servers across multiple domains on one machine.

I'm having a few issues with garbage collection, so I want to use JRMC to investigate, unfortunately, when I run it locallay on the machine with the WLS install, it finds only one server of the multiple I have running.

how can I get it to auto-discover (or even manually discover) the rest of them?

Relevant info:

Java 1.5.0_19
jrmc-3.1.2-1.5.0

tried adding -Xmanagement:ssl=false,authenticate=false,port=7099 -Djava.rmi.server.hostname=WLS to the JAVA_OPTIONS.

Google is failing me, can anyone help?

Thanks in advance.
  • 1. Re: Using JRockit Mission control with weblogic 10, JRMC can't find my JVMs.
    RobertoBarrera Expert

Hello, I used this :

-Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote.port=9556 -Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote=true -Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote.authenticate=true -Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote.ssl=false -Djava.rmi.server.hostname=10.0.0.1 -Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote.access.file=/aplication/oracle/mwhome/user_projects/domains/fmdomain/jmx.acc -Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote.password.file=/aplication/oracle/mwhome/user_projects/domains/fmdomain/jmx.pwr -Djavax.management.builder.initial=weblogic.management.jmx.mbeanserver.WLSMBeanServerBuilder

--jmx.acc file--

User1      readonly

User2 readwrite  \

create javax.management.monitor.*,javax.management.timer.* \

unregister

----

--jmx.pwr file--  

User1 Password1

User2 Password2

----

And it works like a charmt!

• 2. Re: Using JRockit Mission control with weblogic 10, JRMC can't find my JVMs.
    the_assface Explorer

Each one of your managed servers will have to have a different management port in it's startup....you also need to add the name of the physical machine as the rmi server parameter rather than 'WLS'.   Here is mine and it works fine.

-Xnohup -Xms1536m -Xmx1536m -Xmanagement:ssl=false,authenticate=false,autodiscovery=true,port=7092 -Dcom.fc.framework.saf.environment=CTXSIT_10.3 -Djava.library.path=c:\Oracle\Middleware\wlserver_10.3\server\bin -Dweblogic.ext.dirs=C:\Oracle\Middleware\patch_wls1032\profiles\default\sysext_manifest_classpath;C:\Oracle\Middleware\patch_wlp1032\profiles\default\sysext_manifest_classpath;C:\Oracle\Middleware\patch_oepe1111\profiles\default\sysext_manifest_classpath;C:\Oracle\Middleware\wlportal_10.3\p13n\lib\system;C:\Oracle\Middleware\wlportal_10.3\light-portal\lib\system;C:\Oracle\Middleware\wlportal_10.3\portal\lib\system;C:\Oracle\Middleware\wlportal_10.3\info-mgmt\lib\system;C:\Oracle\Middleware\wlportal_10.3\analytics\lib\system;C:\Oracle\Middleware\wlportal_10.3\apps\lib\system;C:\Oracle\Middleware\wlportal_10.3\info-mgmt\deprecated\lib\system;C:\Oracle\Middleware\wlportal_10.3\content-mgmt\lib\system -Dweblogic.alternateTypesDirectory=C:\Oracle\Middleware\wlportal_10.3\portal\lib\security-Dsun.io.serialization.extendedDebugInfo=true

-Djava.rmi.server.hostname=machine16749

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points