1 Reply Latest reply: Jul 20, 2013 2:36 AM by udayjampani RSS

Listener port  for Database (local listener) different from Scan Listener Port

Arun Natarajan-OC

Hi Friends,

In Oracle 11g R2 RAC DB Installation:

I plan to use Scan Listener with Port (1522) and i want to use Local Database Listener with Port 1525.

During RAC DB Creation I will provie th Scan Port as 1522 so that my remote_listeners/tns/listener will be set with Port 1522

What should i do to use the Port 1525 for Local Database Listener

Do i need to create new listener with 1525 (or) just change the parameter local_listener with Port 1525 (or) both (or) any other steps?

Regards,

DB

• 1. Re: Listener port  for Database (local listener) different from Scan Listener Port
          udayjampani

Mr DB,

You can do two things here

1.Add a new local listener like this,

syntax:

srvctl add listener [-l listener_name] [-p endpoints] [-s] [-o Oracle_home]

-l listener_name,defaults to LISTENER

-p endpoints,Comma separated TCP ports or listener endpoints, defaults to TCP:1521.

-o Oracle_home,Oracle home for the listener. defaults to  the Oracle Grid Infrastructure home is assumed.

Example:

The following command adds a listener (named LISTENER25) running out of the database Oracle home and listening on TCP port 1525:

srvctl add listener -l LISTENER25 -p TCP:1525 -o /u01/app/oracle/product/11.2.0/dbhome_1

Now update the local_listener parameter of database with the LISTENER25 ,and do a "alter system register".

or

2. Modify the existing listener ;for example the LISTENER that comes by default, running on 1521 port.

srvctl modify listener -l LISTENER-p TCP:1525

Now update the local_listener parameter of database with the LISTENER ,and do a "alter system register".

Always use SRVCTL to maintain cluster resources.So that the resources will be maintained ( automatic startup/shutdown of listener) by Oracle restart.

For more information please refer,

http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E11882_01/server.112/e25494/restart005.htm#CDCEBFDC

Good Luck,

Uday