4 Replies Latest reply: Jul 24, 2013 11:38 AM by 6bf38c5b-5aea-4186-9e77-bf1326cfd283 RSS

Trouble installing AutoVue - Deploying application in domain failed;

6bf38c5b-5aea-4186-9e77-bf1326cfd283

Full Error:

Deploying application in domain failed; Deployment Error -- Exception occurred in the wsgen process javax.xml.ws.WebServiceException: Unable to create JAXBContext Deployment Error -- Exception occurred in the wsgen process javax.xml.ws.WebServiceException: Unable to create JAXBContext.

Sun GlassFish Enterprise Server v2.1.1

This error occurs when ==> http://localhost:4848/ | Glassfish 2.1.1 mgt console | Web Applications | Deploy | Web Application, AutoVueWS.war

Background:

I am a Adobe Flex coder tossed into a Silverlight project trying to get a JavaBean to work.

My task is to get a DGN file to display in my Silverlight app. I've attempted to solve this by using AutoVue as a web service returning an image and displaying that image on my control. This, of course is working great on the last developers machine. However, I have been totally unsuccessful in installing it on the clients server. I have no real idea what I'm doing with the Java/GlassFish/AutoVue section of this project. Any help would be greatly appreciated

--I've have Glassfish v2.1.1 installed and seems to be working correctly.

--I've used C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jdk1.7.0_21\bin\jar.exe" -cvf AutoVueWS.war -C AutoVueWS .

to compile the war file.

--Server = Windows 7 Pro, 2gb, 64-bit *Virtual Machine

Message was edited by: 6bf38c5b-5aea-4186-9e77-bf1326cfd283

• 1. Re: Trouble installing AutoVue - Deploying application in domain failed;
          Graham Mckendry-Oracle

Hi user '6bf38c5b-5aea-4186-9e77-bf1326cfd283',

Are you trying to deploy the actual AutoVue Web Services, or are you trying to deploy the AutoVue "JVue" or "VueBean" object within a Web Service? If it's the former, note that AutoVue Web Services doesn't offer a service for viewing files, it only offers:

• Text extraction
          • Metadata extraction
          • Xrefs list
          • Part tree list
          • Layers list
          • Printing
          • Conversion

If however you're trying to deploy a JVue-based or VueBean-based application, and running into the particular error ("javax.xml.ws.WebServiceException: Unable to create JAXBContext") it sounds like a more generic build/deployment error (not an AutoVue-specific issue). In that case I'd suggest to reach out through the Glassfish forums as the issue has likely already been discussed/resolved through those forums.

Thanks,

Graham

• 2. Re: Trouble installing AutoVue - Deploying application in domain failed;

Thank you so much for the reply. I will re-post this on the GlassFish Thread.

>>Are you trying to deploy the actual AutoVue Web Services, or are you trying to deploy the AutoVue "JVue" or "VueBean" object within a Web Service?

You know, I don't know. My only goal is to take this DGN file and turn it into something I can view in Silverlight.

The current path, I think, is:

IIS => Grab the DGN. Pass the DGN to Glassfish\AutoVue bean, I think that passes it on to the jVue Server. Which passes back a PNG.

All I want is an image of the dgn. I suspect "I'm doing it wrong".

As I've been handed a couple of directories:

C:\oracle\AutoVueWS\

C:\oracle\AutoVueWS\autovue_webservices   <= this contains the WAR file I've been trying to install on glassfish

C:\oracle\AutoVueIntegrationSDK

and

C:\Program Files\jVue

from which I run "C:\Program Files\jVue\bin\jvueserver.bat"

This, of course, is working on my development machine. But I am unable to duplicate on a test Virtual Machine.

Can I just talk to the jVueServer directly? Is there a simpler approach given the tools they have?

• 3. Re: Trouble installing AutoVue - Deploying application in domain failed;
              Graham Mckendry-Oracle

Hi again '6bf38c5b-5aea-4186-9e77-bf1326cfd283',

If all you need AutoVue for is converting from an input format (such as DGN) to an output format of PNG, then yes this is a use-case for AutoVue's Web Services API (specifically the 'convert' Web Service). In that case you should proceed with the question to the GlassFish forums so they can help resolve the deployment issue.

However, depending on how you've got your Silverlight solution implemented, it might be even more efficient/seamless to avoid the conversion process altogether, and simply embed the AutoVue applet within your solution's interface. In that case, users would view their files (in DGN or whatever format) directly within the AutoVue applet, and you could customize the applet UI as needed (in terms of menus/toolbars/etc). If that's of interest to you, check out the AutoVue API Guide at http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E37436_01/otn/pdf/E37455_01.pdf

And to answer your last question - No, there's no way to talk directly to the AutoVue server. The AutoVue API as well as the AutoVue Web Services API are both client-side APIs.

Thanks,

Graham

• 4. Re: Trouble installing AutoVue - Deploying application in domain failed;

Thank you so much. The AutoVue applet sounds very promising. I'll look at that right away. Thanks again.