This discussion is archived
7 Replies Latest reply: Jul 22, 2013 10:37 AM by user6445925 RSS

Exporting Large Dataset issue

user6445925 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated

R12.1.3 env running on REL 5.8.

My SA has an SR open and here is the problem description.

Problem Summary
---------------------------------------------------
Create Accounting - Assets FAACCPB module output shows raw XML

Problem Description
---------------------------------------------------
We run Create Accounting - Assets FAACCPB module and when we select View Output it displays raw XML format vs readable to a user data presentation. We had very similar issue in AP some time ago and it was caused by unable to extend table space after adding data file to that table space the AP report was showing proper formatting.

The Create Accounting - Assets FAACCPB xml output ends with following message:

“"XML page cannot be displayed Cannot view XML input using XSL style sheet. Please correct the error and then click the Refresh button, or try again later.
Not enough storage is available to complete this operation."

Latest suggestion was to review 'Exporting Large Dataset Gets 'Warning: Not Enough Storage Is Available To Complete This Operation' [DOC ID 1280125.1].'.

Problem is the navigation steps to "set a System Temporary Directory" just say run Admin > Server Configuration which I don't find to be very specific.

Can anybody help me with some more specific steps?

• 1. Re: Exporting Large Dataset issue
    Hussein Sawwan-Oracle Employee ACE

Are you referring to "System Temporary Directory"? If yes, then this can be set from BI Publisher console window -- "Document generation failed" Error For Scheduled BI Publisher Reports [ID 1473420.1]

You can set the same from "XML Publisher Administration" responsibility -- BIP Requests Are Failing With Error "OPP Error Oracle.apps.xdo.XDOException: Error Creating Lock File" [ID 1512691.1]

By the way, do you get any errors in the OPP log file? I assume you do and it would be really helpful if you could post it here (if the above didn't help).

Thanks,

Hussein

• 2. Re: Exporting Large Dataset issue
    user6445925 Newbie

I'm not sure what I'm referring to .

This whole BI/XML Publisher is something I know next to nothing about and I'm still lost when it comes to how I might Administer it within R12.

Just refreshed out TEST instance where the error is being worked on so I've lost my OPP log (for now) but I was told it was showing "java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space" errors.

• 3. Re: Exporting Large Dataset issue
    Hussein Sawwan-Oracle Employee ACE

Just refreshed out TEST instance where the error is being worked on so I've lost my OPP log (for now) but I was told it was showing "java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space" errors.

This is a generic error and you might need to get the complete error to find the fix. However, I believe the following docs should be helpful in resolving most (if not all) of "Java heap space" errors for large XML reports.

Output Post Processor (OPP) Log Contains Error "java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space" [ID 1268217.1]

XML Publisher Report Fails With Error "Java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java Heap Space" [ID 1517570.1]

Unable To View Large FSG FRM Opens Blank Excel [ID 745061.1]

R12: Troubleshooting Known XML Publisher and E-Business Suite (EBS) Integration Issues [ID 1410160.1]

Output Post Processor (OPP) Log Contains Error "java.lang.OutOfMemoryError" [ID 1266368.1]

R12: How to Configure the Account Analysis Report for Large Reports [ID 737311.1]

Thanks,

Hussein

• 4. Re: Exporting Large Dataset issue
    user6445925 Newbie

Made a few adjustments to OPP values etc under Profile Options and some java heap changes and this issue has now been resolved.

• 5. Re: Exporting Large Dataset issue
    Asif Muhammad Guru

Hi,

Could you kindly share the solution. Specifically what profile changes you did?

Best Regards

• 6. Re: Exporting Large Dataset issue
    user6445925 Newbie

Sure, these are my SA's notes:

1. Profile Options:
    a. Concurrent:OPP Process Timeout = 10800
    b. Concurrent:OPP Response Timeout = 240
    2. Assets System Options (index 500001 Error):
    a. Number of Processors = 4
    b. Processing Unit Size = 45000
    3. Create Accounting – Assets, Concurrent Program Options and Parameters:
    a. Options = -Xmx2048m
    b. P_SCALABLE_FLAG = Default Value = SELECT MEANING FROM XLA_LOOKUPS WHERE LOOKUP_TYPE = 'XLA_YES_NO' AND LOOKUP_CODE = 'Y'
    4. Java Heap Space Error changes:
    a. UPDATE fnd_cp_services SET developer_parameters = 'J:oracle.apps.fnd.cp.gsf.GSMServiceController:-mx2048m' WHERE service_id = (SELECT manager_type FROM fnd_concurrent_queues WHERE concurrent_queue_name = 'FNDCPOPP');
    b. cmclean.sql
    5. Template Patch and Verification:
    a. 16821751:R12.FA.B
    b. strings -a FAACCPB01.rtf | grep '$Header'
    $Header: FAACCPB01.rtf 120.0.12010000.17 2013/05/28 23:42 dvjoshi $
    d. strings -a FAXLAXUB.pls | grep '$Header'
    6. XML Publisher Administrator changes:
    a. Use XML Publisher's XSLT processor = TRUE
    b. Enable scalable feature of XSLT processor = TRUE
    c. Enable XSLT runtime optimization = TRUE
    7. Database changes:
    a. altered temp tbs to allow it to grow more
    b. tablespace 'APPS_UNDOTS1' increased to allow for more growth
    8. Create Accounting – Assets – Performance Issue changes:
    a. Create Accounting- Assets Program Didn't Complete [ID 1535668.1]
    b. Patch 16269870:R12.FA.B
    c. Gather Schema Statistics – XLA
    d. Gather Schema Statistics – XDO
    e. Gather Schema Statistics – FA
    f. Gather Schema Statistics – GL

• 7. Re: Exporting Large Dataset issue
    Asif Muhammad Guru

Hi,

Thanks a lot brother for sharing the solution...

Best Regards

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points